Elektor Crescendo original

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to this forum and hopefully i'm not asking about the wrong things in the wrong space, if so, please redirect me.

Recently i found a amp that proves to be a Elektor Crescendo from 82, the PSU part of the amp was pretty trashed but i guess i've fixed it now.

My question is about testing the amp, i'm not used to do high-power stuff so is there are any modifications that i can do to the original circuit before testing it. Someone mentioned bleeding resistors over the caps in another forum.

Also if someone has the schematics for the add-ons i've heard about, i'd be more than delighted to put my hands on them. Any other information about the amp would be highly appriciated since the only thing i've really found so far is the schematics...

Thanks

Karl

The original crescendo was known to oscillate due to the inductance of the 0.22ohm power resistors in the output stage (source).
Change it to a low inductance type that fits or exchange with for example 5*1Ohm 1W metal oxide in parallel (this is what most people did)

You may find some infos here about the original.
If I recall correctly "wuffwaff" built all versions of the crescendos.
(do a search for his posts)

I have the english article which is about 2MB.
Can´t remember the website but could send it.

greets&congrats to your find

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.