high-voltage regulated dual power supply - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2002, 01:02 AM   #1
zzz is offline zzz  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to zzz
Default high-voltage regulated dual power supply

Does anyone know a design for a regulated power supply that can output +-350V? A simple emitter follower (using 2SC3675) and a couple of zeners create the +350V part without much pain, but -350V is killing me. Are there any PNP transistors in production that can sustain around 450-500V and a few hundred milliamps? 2SA1126, 2SA1193, or 2SA1968 could probably do the job but I cannot seem to find them anywhere.

This power supply is required for an electrostatic headphone amplifier ( http://headwize.com/projects/showpro...lmore2_prj.htm ). I use unregulated (and severely underrated because I couldn't find a decent transformer on a short notice) PS right now but it produces only +-270V and is rather noisy...
Old 17th September 2002, 01:15 AM   #2
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Why not use two transformers and two +ve supplies, then tie the -ve of one to the +ve of the other?

Hide this!Advertise here!