Looking for Soundcraft Spirit Folio Schematic/Info - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2005, 08:33 AM   #1
jjai is offline jjai  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for Soundcraft Spirit Folio Schematic/Info

I just acquired a Soundcraft Spirit Folio 10/2, missing it's power supply. Does anyone have a copy of the schematic for this mixer, or know the output voltage/current and pin-out of the power supply unit?

Thanks in advance-
jjai
Old 12th July 2005, 09:30 AM   #2
moamps is offline moamps  Croatia
diyAudio Member

18V-0-18V AC, 600mA,
three pin plastic in-line connector
common pin (0 volts) in the midle

Regards,
Milan
Old 12th July 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply, Milan -- do you know if pins 1 and 3 are in phase or out of phase?

Since I inherited this mixer and I'm not sure of it's condition, I'm trying to find a power supply that I can use to test it before purchasing a new PSU from Soundcraft. I'm wondering if I can use any 18V .6A AC transformer, tap the secondary windings to pins 1 and 3, and either leave pin 2 disconnected, or run a separate wire to earth from the primary.

Thanks,
jjai

If anyone is interested, I was able to get a schematic for this unit from a very helpful Soundcraft technician.
Old 12th July 2005, 10:26 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jjai
... I'm wondering if I can use any 18V .6A AC transformer, tap the secondary windings to pins 1 and 3, and either leave pin 2 disconnected, or run a separate wire to earth from the primary....
Hi,
You need the transformer with two secondaries.
The wiring is shown in the picture below.
Regards,
Milan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soundcraft_transformer.jpg (8.8 KB, 937 views)
Old 13th July 2005, 12:46 AM   #5
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

18-0-18 means 36v center tapped.
Old 13th July 2005, 08:17 PM   #6
teemce is offline teemce  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Wink Schematic!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

I sent mail for you.
Old 13th July 2005, 08:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I checked out the schematic and was wondering... Can I bypass the AC supply completely, and supply 15 DC directly to the output legs of the bridge rectifier? (Or would I actually need 30V?) I'm really just interested in powering the board up to test it (and see if it's worth spending more time on/worth ordering a new PSU from Soundcraft).

There are two rectifiers: one appears to supply the phantom power circuit at +48v, while the other supplies the rest of the board at +/-15v. If I connect the +/- leads from a DC power supply to the output leads of the rectifier connected to the two voltage regulators supplying +/-15v, shouldn't everything work but the phantom power?

(Actually, couldn I connect to the outputs of both rectifiers in parallel from the same power supply, given it is supplying double the current - 1200mah?)

Alternately, I happen to have an 18v AC power supply laying around -- I'm wondering if I connect it to pins 1&2 of the PSU connector, will that give the board just enough juice to power up?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I wanted to check in with folks more experienced than myself to try and prevent frying the board if it's good!

Thanks again,
jjai

BTW, here's a link to the schematic:
http://www.showmestatetheband.com/im...io102schem.pdf
Old 14th July 2005, 12:01 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jjai
Can I bypass the AC supply completely, and supply 15 DC directly to the output legs of the bridge rectifier? (Or would I actually need 30V?) [/B]
It's possible to use +/- unregulated or regulated 19-20VDC power supply instead of 2x18 VAC. You can connect them before or after the bridge, whichever. Of course, the phantom power supply will then be inoperative.

Quote:
Alternately, I happen to have an 18v AC power supply laying around -- I'm wondering if I connect it to pins 1&2 of the PSU connector, will that give the board just enough juice to power up?[/B]
This would then be a half-wave rectifier (higher ripple than the full wave rectifier). IMO, the console should work OK with the half wave rectifier, but an additional caps parallel to 1000uF/25 might be necessary to insert.

Regards,
Milan
Old 14th July 2005, 12:35 AM   #9
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I agree, the single 18VAC would make it work, but it will probably be hummy
Old 30th March 2010, 01:18 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Actually, 17-0-17

If you are looking for a transformer that puts out 18-0-18, you might have a really hard time of it. Hammond makes audio transformers for this very purpose, and they are 17-0-17.

http://www.clrwtr.com/PDF/Hammond/Ha...ansformers.pdf

Hide this!Advertise here!