McCormack DNA125 & Quad 909

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Any user's opinion on McCormack's DNA125 power amp?

Compared to Quad 909 power amp, which one would sound better....like..in details, control in the bottom end, openess in the highs etc.etc..over all resolution-wise. To my knowledge, both have their own some good design.

rgds
Raj

Raj, I wonder where you are located in Karnataka? I have been seeing some of your enquiries regarding hi-end audio equipment. The last one was on modifying the Rotel RB991. I right now have a friend's RB991 on my workbench and am working on the power supply to improve things.

If you are able to get the Mc'Cormack you should prefer this to the Quads. It is just my opinion. I don't know what others here would have to say.

Email me privately and I'd like to discuss with you further.

Thanks.

Mr.Samuel Jayaraj,

I was in Mangalore & now I'm in Goa. As per the opinion of fellow audiophiles here & as advised by few known audio friends, I've dropped the idea of tweaking 991 & just passed on it to my uncle. He could source a used bryston Pre for that & it's sounding amazing without any mods.

Further I was told that I may not be benefited much by tweaking the amp & was also told that there is every possibility of spoiling the over all original sound, hence dropped the idea. Anyway I'm going back to Dubai on some assignment & will 've to be there for few months & thought of buying one nice amp for keeping :))

Quad 909 design was compared to one Pass labs old model amp...I'm not sure which model & I don't remember where I read, hence thought of giving a try. To be frank with you I've not listened to either McCormack or Quads any models. Just I'm seeking here the opinion of fellow audiophiles first & then try for an audition based on their advises.

RB991 power supplys are of good construction, in my opinion I don't think it needs any tinkering. Anyway kindly keep us posted your out come.

rgds
Andrew L.Raj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.