Fisher CA-272 pulled from trash heap...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently pulled a Fisher CA-272 Amp and FM-272 tuner out of our trash pile. Left channel fuse was blown, replaced and works great. My Alesis Monitor 2s sound pretty decent on it. Nothing like the Accuphase I've gotten the same way but still pretty decent considering I live about 100 feet from no less than FIVE transmission towers. I get "Jesus LOVES YOU radio" on everything, my pc, my guitar, all and any of my gear that uses electricity, but I digress...

After upgrading the Caps in my Peavey cabs a while back I am really keen on doing any upgrades to this amp I can. I noticed there are only 2 major caps, any ideas on what the max rating of caps I can replace them with? This amp is going to be running a short throw folder bass horn for a small PA so I'd really like to give it as much punch as possible...

thanks,

rev

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi rev,
All quiet on the DIY front. You have a modest little amp. Keep cap values close to what is there. You may get a little better sound out of them but don't hope for too much.
It would make a great little garage system, or workshop. Possibly bedroom. Don't laugh, I use a Nak TA-2 in my bedroom.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.