Bouyer AS 105

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Anyone got any info about this amplifier ? It does work flawless but it would be nice to find a schematic and specs for it.

Some pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No one has any kindo of info ? :bawling: :( I emailed the manufacturer and a guy i found that seem to have manuals for the thing.

I dont think i will get any response as Bouyer is french and may not understand english and the guy is german and may not understand english.

Is there really nobody on this forum that have any piece of data to this amplifier, not even a schematic ?

I ow have a manual on the way with everything about the amp:)

There is one thing that is nor from factory on it, someone have modded in a tuner in it and removed the aux in and connected the tuner there instead.

I have hoooked the tuer up to my stereo amp ia the pre out on this PA ad it sounds really nice, tho the tuner is only mono:( I could get a MPX decoder ic tho.

Even if the tuner is mono the audio output is a MPX signal if i have tuned to a commersion stereo radio station, right ? So i could hook up a free standing MPX decoder to get a stereo signal.

I have a heap of Bouyer amplifiers in working order that are gradually being used up for parts etc. In spite of their last retail price in the U.K being around £900 (which is extortionate!) I had no interest at all when trying to sell them for £50 each! :(

Perhaps, Jez, you should increase the price. For some perverse reason, if people see it's cheap they will assume it is inferior quality....

Hugh

I think it's more down to the nature of the units. They are designed for public address purposes in situations where they can also switch over to battery back up power in fire evacuation etc. They are certainly not Hi-Fi. I can't see them appealing to any amateur or hobbyist in any why other than if someone needed an amp to run from 24V of car batteries.

What you say can sometimes be very true though... I know of a couple of occasions when Hi-Fi manufacturers have re-packaged a piece of equipment without changing the innards, named it a MKII and sold it three times the original price! Bizarrely they then shifted twice as many units as when they were cheaper!!

Hello!

I see ppl still look for the schematics of this old thing and it turned out i still had it on an old hdd, so here it is: http://i.imgur.com/RJhSA.png

I decided to step away for some time due to drama caused by some things that came out wrong.

Either way, all the circuits i've been posting in the last few threads i posted last year have since a few weeks back been lost in a hdd crash, including all the spice models i had for various transistors as well as the formulas used to simulate THD and such.

Diy audio is a nice place to be ... often we make titan amplifier battles and many things might be said about circuits and techniques.... Still we are all human and nice people will always be welcome in the forum

Stick around... "amplifier battles" might also allow you to spend some time on something else and that can be a grate relief ...

I wish you well
kind regards
sakis

Sometimes i get on a track that i simply cannot get off.

However since i lost everything in that hdd crash, i will probably not be posting any more projects anytime soon since all i have left is whats uploaded to my imgur account, which you have already seen.

I will also no longer offer advice, but rather be another noob asking for advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.