Finds from dead home cinema receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Today i made a real find, after almost two years of laying around i took a closer look on some parts from a home cinema receiver i had that died when i connected a poweramp onto the sub output.

What i did was reinstalling the power transistors and the current matching resistors on the outputs, applied power and read 26 volts dc on the output but i tried drawing a wire between the master GND to the wires marked E on the input and there it zeroed on the output, applied signal and IT PLAYED!!!:bigeyes: :eek:

Next to do was installing the parts to the other two channels and they worked as well except for one that went up in smoke after 10 secs, that was caused by a faulty output transistor tho.

After two years two out of five channels is alive again.

Heres some pics of he test bench:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.