Denon PMA 2000RIV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here's some pics of the first version,phono stage had a ba4558 op amp,i replaced with a ne5532 - %100 improvement.

Attachments

• dscn0326.jpg
    dscn0326.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 705
here's the power amp section,nicely built for commercial equipment,(compared to nad,h/k,musical fidelity :eek: ) i have a service manual for the first version,i can scan the schematic but will take some time (it's on a big spreadsheet).

Attachments

• dscn0327.jpg
    dscn0327.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 712
Janka07 said:
WOW that s what I m looking for...

I want to upgrade my Denon Pma 2000 IVR... not the amp section because it s pretty good but pre amp... euuhhh not quite as good

will post pics later on

Preamp 'not quite as good' is a nice way to say it.
/&%&%$&%$ preamp. :D
Sounds really bad, kills the wole amp.
The power amp is quite good, yes.

Janka07 said:
and pretty dissapointed to see that volume knob, and selector where mounted on a base of plastic and glued to the front panel... :confused:

Glued?
No.
There's a PCB behind the front panel. Not an easy task to dismantle all that, but I've done it, I bypassed that nasty preamp, volume pot direct to the power amps.
Without a schematic (I don't have it too) you need to follow all that wiring first to understand what are you going to do.

carlosfm said:
I bypassed that nasty preamp, volume pot direct to the power amps.

The current version (IV) has a switch on the back panel and a set of dedicated inputs to shunt input signal directly to the amplifier section, bypassing the preamp section entirely, including the volume control.

The posts in this thread regarding the preamp are only fully applicable to the earlier 2000R model... the 2000mkIVR is significantly upgraded in that regard but of course would still benefit from a good preamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.