Cheap thermal measurement central

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why don't you use the units that young peaple (case modders) use in their computer.

They have a display and are monitor 4 (or even more) temperatures at the same time, you can set an alarmbeep for each temperature and the units comes complete with thermocouples.

They can also swich fans automaticly when a temperature is higher than the setpoint you gave it.

Only a PSU.

What works really well is the IR thermometers used in the food industry. They look like a little gun with a laser pointer. You point at whatever it is you want to measure the temperature of, pull the trigger, and you get a nice digital reading. Non-contact, no thermal inertia, instant response.

The unit I use was bought at a cooking supply shop for about $75. I mostly use it in the kitchen, but have smuggled it into my workshop on occasion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.