my 60 watt amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks. Well I'm back with a new project. This time it's a 60 watt amplifier targeted for either a six or eight channel surround sound amplifier for my home. The design is very similar to my 100 watt amp except that I'm only using two output transistors, and I eliminated the DC protection circuit which I'll do off board. The board measures 2.8"x5.2" and for it's size and power I'm still an awe after a full day of listening how great this little amp sounds. Especially it's low end command. I had to get up a couple times during to the day just to make sure i was switched to it, and not one of my bigger amps. Here's a couple pics.

Best reagrds,

Al

Attachments

• img_1151.jpg
    img_1151.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 860
Hi PapaNohn,

Don't have a schematic at the moment but if you look the schematic below and remove two output transistors let say Q1, Q4 and connecting resistors, the short circuit protection, and add a 220 ohm resistor in series with C21 in the NFB network you have my 60 watt amp.

All I need now is to build a few more modules which I should have done within the next two weeks when the new boards arrive, and a surround sound processor which I'm currently designing using crystal's CS42528 surround-sound CODEC.

In case your interested here's the thread I created for my 100 watt amp last month.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5734

Best regards,

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.