JLH Class A power supplies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have started building the JLH Class A amplifier, inspired by the excellent Class-A Amplifier Site. So far I have made the printed circuit boards and started the metalwork for the case, including two massive 0.4CW heatsinks. There are several options open for the power supplies, including capacitance multiplier, LM 388 based design, and the original JLH design.Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience.
I previously made a power amplifier designed by JLH which was I think published by Hi Fi News in 1975, this was an excellent sounding amp unfortunately now long gone, I am hoping that the class A will be even better.

[Edited by David H on 08-17-2001 at 04:36 AM]

The PSUs for such amps are widely discused in this forum. I sugest you to use the search option of the site.
My opinion is that if you don't have too sensitive speakers (around 90dB) you can use a simple PSU that includes just caps.

Regards

Asen

[Edited by Asen on 08-17-2001 at 02:58 PM]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.