A40M amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A40M Parts List? Board Pattern

I just reread the A40M articles in Audio Electronics (starting Sept. 1999) and thought it might be fun to build but...there does not appear to be a parts list in the series. Was it ever published? Also..has anyone done a board layout for it? I'm fairly inexperienced at scratchbuilding so I am somewhat intimidated when it comes to designing the layout.

Has anyone, other than the author, built this amp yet?

thanx
rt

If I remember correctly, some of the parts were difficult to get (discontinued, maybe?) I think Dr. Thagard answered a letter concerning this somewhere in one of the (6?) issues.
I think a PCB would be necessary to build this, and was disappointed that one was not offered.
What a great series of articles, though. His explanations are superb. He obviously has a knack for instruction.

A40M

The parts list (I don't know how I missed it!) is on page 11 of Audio Electronics Issue 5 of 1999. The schematic is on page 10 of the same issue. Issue 4 of 2000 has the letter that was referred to in a previous post (by paulb) that contains information on parts. It can be found on page 49.

I am curious if anyone has built it or layed out the artwork for the boards.

rt

A-40 articles

All articles, or even one, are very much out of the question. There were six of them, many pages long each.

They certainly make very interesting reading.

And I didn't design the pcb or built the amp. The pcb might need a redesign to adapt the SK and SJ FETs.

In fact I do think every DIYyer should design their own pcbs according to the parts one is going to use. Plenty of shareware programs in the web to do that.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.