Which power device ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2005, 02:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Which power device ?

Hello !

Can enybody help me to find the substitute for PT6068 and PT6067 power BJT ?

I've search the web but withowt any resoult. The mentionet BJT's are the power devices from an power amp from KÖERTING dated 1983. From the first look I think that they are darlington transistors (TO247 casing) because on the PCB are only TO92 transistors (aka BC547). The amp have a decent sound, rated 80W/4ohm. Power suply have 260VA transformer and 2x6800uF/40V.

Thanks for your help !

Cheers

Bostjan
Old 11th May 2005, 07:20 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here is a photo of the transistors.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transistors.jpg (99.6 KB, 228 views)
Old 11th May 2005, 07:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
You can order the originals for like $4 the piece in Germany.
Try Fibra Brandt or one of the others that sell old stuff.
Old 11th May 2005, 08:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info. Do you maybe know some detail about this devices - maybe some beter (newer) replacement for them ?

Cheers
Old 12th May 2005, 06:06 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I've chect the Fibra Brandt web page and they don't have the mentioned tranzistors. Do you have any other web page where I can chech for them?

Cheers
Old 12th May 2005, 06:15 AM   #6
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

Check the base emitter junction vltage drop with your meter on the diode range.

If they are around .7V then they are TIP35C/36C, if they are around 1.4V they are TIP142/147
Old 12th May 2005, 06:23 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I've found the substitute. On the Maxi electronic forum (Slovenian forum) one of the members has the original schematic of the power amp. The substitutes are BDV64C and BDV65C. Thanks for your help !

Cheers

P.S. For djk

I cant check the voltage drop because the transistor are blown in a such way that between all the pins I dont get any voltage drop - all connections are open.
Old 12th May 2005, 06:24 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

The web page of the mentioned forum is Maxi.

Cheers
Old 12th May 2005, 07:18 AM   #9
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

The BDV parts have the same specs as the TIP142/147 parts, a 10A 100V darlington.

Hide this!Advertise here!