N-channel Current Gain Cell - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2005, 04:26 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default N-channel Current Gain Cell

Hi everybody,

The circuit below act as an current cell, which has current gain but no voltage gain [Av=0.85]. This circuit uses an effective current source based biasing scheme and at input uses a p-channel mosfet and output uses 2 n-channel mosfets in pushpull manner in Class-AB or A [optional]. This circuit is self centered and very less DC offset will be present at the output.
Kindly give your views.

Turn Off the Lights ,Take a Deep Breadth and Relax , think about it in your mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cc.jpg (16.0 KB, 517 views)
Old 11th May 2005, 04:55 AM   #2
Account Disabled

Hi Kanwar,

Oh goodness me, I think this is not good karma because Nch will cross-conduct if not driven from similar source impedance.

Greg
Old 11th May 2005, 05:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Oh Guru of amplifiers have a mercy on me and save me from the impact of the dreaded cross-conduction. Strike the cross-conduction with your almighty power and destroy it! do something to save me from the cross-conduction
Old 11th May 2005, 05:27 AM   #4
Account Disabled

Oh goodness me, you can plead for salvation from the dreaded cross conduction but it will plague you! You must not use sloowww Nchannel as this will surely be your undoing.
Old 11th May 2005, 05:35 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default welcome to party boys,

A slooow n-channel then where exist the forever faaast n-channel kindly show me the most vincent path to it with your farsighted heaven vision, i will definately pray for it or there will be another cause for its effect to be implemented,
Old 11th May 2005, 05:44 AM   #6
Account Disabled

You must be choosing your own path to follow and be finding your own wisdom in the dawning of the new enlightenment. Tis not for me to lead but for you to follow. You must be learning this in your own time, befitting your karma.

You may pray but your prayers will fall on deaf ears without the passion and dedication to find the truth.
Old 11th May 2005, 06:10 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Kindly give the reasons to validate your point regarding the cross-conduction so that i could learn more about it in this circuit.

If you really feels that this circuit is suffering from cross-conduction
Then i have something to show you , look at the circuit below, is this also suffering from cross-conduction, if yes ,you are the winner in the game and someone or may be many of the others who dont know it dont agree with that all are the loosers.

here is a checkmate, be winner and In my opinion you are the winner and champ of the game.

Its a serious matter so please give the answer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (12.0 KB, 393 views)
Old 11th May 2005, 06:22 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Must be a full moon tonight.
Old 11th May 2005, 06:36 AM   #9
Account Disabled

Hi Kanwar,

Yes I know it is Pch feeding Nch - but it will need to swing with that upper Nch all the way up! And, while the upper one can discharge through the Pch pull down, not so the lower one which only has a R to ground so a slow discharge.

How many coulombs for your N channels again?
Old 11th May 2005, 06:40 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thats right, i agree with you, but is this all same for the second circuit also, kindly comment.

Hide this!Advertise here!