inverting folded cascode ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The inverted folded cascode amp is a basic part from the new patent from Nelson Pass used in the new X series. It´s the super symmetry circuit. I have read all the patent and it looks very very interesting. Does anyone know how to make a real circuit from it? I am still trying to work it out. Any ideas would be a big help.

Implementation of super symmetry is obvious in SOZ and Balanced Line Stage circuits and if you prefer an active current source/active load version, you can check the Aleph P r1.7. However, if you're really concerned with the inverting folded cascode, you may email Mr. Pass directly about its reason. He's very helpful, from my experience. To my understanding, the folded cascode is not a necessary feature of super symmetric circuit, seems like it just perform level shifting and probably help shielding the gain device from Vds variation. Enjoy.

Yeah you are right.
At the begining I thought it was important to have folded cascode.
After reading the patent again i realised that you are right the soz and balanced line stage have the super symmetry idea.
I use the balanced line stage a long time now. Since the article was out in audio electronics.
I want to make a new one now and design an amplifier with balanced out too. Something like the x series.
I might post a design I have soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.