SUBWOOFER AMP box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did this. It looks better and sounds better. The amp used to hmmmmmmm at 60hz when it was on. I was able to relocate the transformer relative to the PCB which was the problem. I also upgraded the power supply section. I added about 5000uF to the 4700uF that was already there. If I remember correctly I also snubberized it before it became popular here ;) . Additionally I put beefier heatsinking on the driver and output devices.

No more HMMMMM when the amp turns on, and the heatsinking only gets a little warm when it's run hard.

My box is a 7" square of wood from the front, with an LED to indicate "on".

Go for it. Be careful not to zap the circuits with static electricity and be sure the wires are not touching where they should not.

And post photos.

I think it is cheaper to get more reliability from the circuit if it is seperate from the speaker box, espeacially a sub. There is a little thing called vibrations that come from a sub box that can shake a circuit apart physically unless more effort is put in the circuit construction, mounting and vibration absorbtion. Hope you don't have any resonant frequencies.:rolleyes: .:smash: :smash:

It can obviously be done, but perhaps at greater cost?:dodgy:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.