Supertex Mosfet substitutions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
VP01 series is still listed in three variants. VP0104 is 40 volts, VP0106 is 60 volts and VP0109 is 90 volts.

VN13 is not listed, but VN0104 (40 volts) and VN0106 (60 volts) are still listed and these are the complements for the VP01 series.

The part numbers you gave are probably from the schematic, which may not be accurate. You should be able to read the correct part number from the actual transistor.

If you still get stuck, I may have an old Supertex data book at work and I can check tomorrow.

Charles Hansen said:
VP01 series is still listed in three variants. VP0104 is 40 volts, VP0106 is 60 volts and VP0109 is 90 volts.

VN13 is not listed, but VN0104 (40 volts) and VN0106 (60 volts) are still listed and these are the complements for the VP01 series.

The part numbers you gave are probably from the schematic, which may not be accurate. You should be able to read the correct part number from the actual transistor.

If you still get stuck, I may have an old Supertex data book at work and I can check tomorrow.

Acoustat used these devices in all 3 of their TN series gear, both amps (TNT 120 and 200) and also their TNP preamp. All of these models were introduced beginning in 1983 so it is possible they are obsolete. Any help you could dig up (substitues, etc...)would be greatly appreciated!

-Tom

OK, I found an old data book. The VN13A came in six variants -- three different voltages (40, 60, 100) and two different packages (TO-92 and TO-39). So the full order numbers were:

VN1304Nx
VN1306Nx
VN1310Nx

Where "x" represents the package. A "2" indicates a TO-39 and a "3" indicates a TO-92.

If you can figure out which voltage and package you need, then you will have the full part number. Then do a Google search and you can probably find a distributor with some stock (NOS).

Charles Hansen said:
OK, I found an old data book. The VN13A came in six variants -- three different voltages (40, 60, 100) and two different packages (TO-92 and TO-39). So the full order numbers were:

VN1304Nx
VN1306Nx
VN1310Nx

Where "x" represents the package. A "2" indicates a TO-39 and a "3" indicates a TO-92.

If you can figure out which voltage and package you need, then you will have the full part number. Then do a Google search and you can probably find a distributor with some stock (NOS).

Well, I opened the Acoustat under good lighting last night. It appears that this unit has been serviced. One channel has the VP01 and VN13 devices, the other has devices marked with the coding that you discovered (thank you for your efforts by the way!) Those part numbers are VP0104N2 and VN1304N2.

Off to the Mouser website!

-Tom

peranders said:
I have 10-20 of each or similar laying around but I'm not sure where.

Can you read the text? Do they have the same package?

VP0103?

VN1309?

BTW: I have also the original databook.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My amplifier has the same package (TO5 ?) as those in your photo. All the web hits I have received so far on these devices have not located any actual stock. The Supertex site lists these devices as obsolete. Their suggested substitutions aren't normally stocked and would be special order. I'll keep looking.

-Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.