Question for op-amp guru's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for an op-amp to replace a TL074 in an active filter application. Any suggestions for quad packages as a drop-in replacement for an existing product?

I haven't really decided on target performance yet, but lower noise JFET types are the immediate goal.

I've had a quick scan through the parametric searches, but would love any other advice from those who've tried alternatives.

A.

Big thanks

Mikek,

I'd normally avoid quads too, but no choice in this case, I need drop-in replacement.

Thanks to everyone else, I'll download data sheets and investigate further, will let you know the outcome. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Andy.

Search the forum for "Brown Dog" and you will find various adapters. I would go for an adapter that would adapt 4 single SMT units to a quad if available and add local decoupling in the process.

If such adapter is not available I would make one myself. It is not that hard.

Petter

Quad adapters

AFAIK Brown Dog is not making any singles to quad adapters: only duals.

Which is a pity, because the ART DI/O DAC, which is one of the most modded units right off the shop, uses quads. And one of the better mods is using AD825s.

People are using LT1362/1365 instead, FET biased to class A. But they are expensive quads.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.