SAE schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
schematic for SAE A502

Burned fingers, I cannot email anateck because I am a new member and am still under "moderation". If you could send me the schematics at mike@catduncanelectronics.net (remove the word cat from my email address to use it) I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. If the schematic you have is the same as the one linked to by ACD then I have just downloaded that one. If you have a better one I would love to get it. And by the way, thanks ACD for the link. I really, really do apprecite the help. Thanks guys.

Retired now so I am finally getting around to taking the A502 apart and cannot find my schematic maybe a result of killing off several computers.

So the hundred dollar question is "Does anyone still have a copy to share?"

Willing to purchase if necessary. A service manual would also be nice if anyone has one.

Anything would be appreciated as I have a unit that may be struck by technician.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I hear you Joe. I'm working on something that was "recapped" right now. Ugly soldering job and the iron appear to have been a touch too cool for the job. That and they used the wrong capacitor types in many areas. They even bypassed some capacitors with nice film types. Too bad that doesn't make any difference in performance, someone paid to have this work performed.

If it wasn't mine, there is rather too much work to have properly redone for the original owner. Especially having already paid someone for what I am doing now. The unit in question is a nice Heathkit AD-1702 electronic crossover.

Are you seeing something similar Joe?

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, its been abused. Its too bad that people try to work on boards without the proper equipment. If a desoldering station had been used there would be no damage to the pads. Too many times people even skilled people try to desolder with an iron that is way too big for the job and without the correct tip. Desoldering braid can and usually causes damage to the board. Then there is all that left over flux that needs to be cleaned up.

This one will take time to try to repair the "repair" work from a "repair shop." I would have gotten rid of a technician that left a mess like this one in a customers amp.

I'm still trying to see the cap values on the schematic. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Some of them I can see the value but not the cap numbers.

Update

With the correct cap values in and some unsoldering with the desoldering station and resoldering and repair work on the solder pads it lives.

It cleanly passes a 1K sine wave up to its rated power on both channels.

It actually doesn't sound too bad for a SS amp. I don't know the difference sound wise between it and the old SAE 2400's and 2400L's that I used to buy and repair. Its certainly a headache to work on.

If you have some way to get to me your email address, I'll send you the pdf I have.
Maybe post here with some un-nessary letters in your email I can take out so that you don't start getting spammed. If I knew how to post an over sized attachment to this forum then I would do that, but I don't. their size limit is 976kilo and the file I have is a little over 12 meg in size. Maybe you could let me know which voltages you need and I could look them up for you.

If you have some way to get to me your email address, I'll send you the pdf I have.
Maybe post here with some un-nessary letters in your email I can take out so that you don't start getting spammed. If I knew how to post an over sized attachment to this forum then I would do that, but I don't. their size limit is 976kilo and the file I have is a little over 12 meg in size. Maybe you could let me know which voltages you need and I could look them up for you.

I sent you several PM's with my email address

I am very willing to pay for a copy of the service manual.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.