diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   Soundcraftsmen model A2502 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/56398-soundcraftsmen-model-a2502.html)

dataffer 30th April 2005 02:49 PM

Soundcraftsmen model A2502

I need some help from all you guru's in audio out there. I have the Soundcraftsmen A2502 power amplifier. I think it is 125wpc @8ohms and 250wpc @4ohms max rating. It has two(2) channel inputs that are labeled A and B making it a 4 speaker stereo amp. I am using it to power a SVS 20-39cs home theatre sub that is 4ohm rated hooked to the channel A left speaker input.

I have looked all over the net for the specs on this amp and can't find anything. I would be willing to pay someone (reasonable) out there if they could copy their manual and send it to me either through the mail or email. I would be very grateful!!

I would like to know what the amp is rated at, the THD %, and so forth, and whether or not I can bridge this amp with the sub I am using?

If I can bridge it, is it stable @4ohm loads?

Can I hook the subs positive lead to channel A's left positive and the negative lead to channel B's left positive (or vice versa) so I can use both channel inputs?

Or do I need to just use channel A or B's left positve and right positive like regular bridiging?

The sub I am using can hit 20hz so the extra head room would be nice.

Sorry for the ignorance here. I was just wondering if it were possible.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

dataffer 1st May 2005 12:50 PM

Come on!! No body knows anything about this amp?? I find it hard to believe I have the only one left in existence. It might be worth quite a bit then if it is.

I just need to know a little about it. Please!!

Thanks in advance again for your help.

Netlist 1st May 2005 12:54 PM

I have been digging real deep in my archives yesterday to no avail.
Therefore, I'm unable to answer your question.
It's a pity that so little is available on these nice amps.

/Hugo :)

dataffer 1st May 2005 08:08 PM

Yeah, too bad. I appreciate your help though.

Anybody else out there that may have some info or the manual or owns one of these amps??

Netlist 1st May 2005 08:14 PM

You could try this brave man but if he had or knew where to find them he would have linked.

/Hugo :)

dataffer 1st May 2005 09:00 PM

Thanks Netlist

Yeah, I went to that website also. The only amp that looks like mine is the LA2502 and the RA5502 that they have listed on the site. I don't know what the difference in them is though.

Thanks again!

Anybody else??

dataffer 6th May 2005 02:09 PM

Bump.

K-amps 7th May 2005 02:20 AM

I once had a 5002, it was rated at 250w into 8 ohms thus the name 500/2... so yours is probably 125wpc into 2 if they kept the same name scheme.

dataffer 10th May 2005 07:29 PM

Thanks for replying K-amps.

Anyone else have any info??

dataffer 17th May 2005 10:24 AM

I found a guy that had an old review on this amp from an old stereo magazine.

I still would like to have the manual.

If anyone has it I would pay for it to be copied and sent to me.

Thanks again for your help.