Chevin Research A-series schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just checked most of the components on my A2000, and they seem to be ok, so im going to give it a try.

The ting is, the PCB with softstart and rectifier does not look good so im going to remove it and use a softstart module and a rectifier bridge. But im not familiar with this kind of PSU.
Does it really require that one of the mains AC wires are connected to 0v ?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 527
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 398
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 314
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 384
Hello ,
you have schematic or a picture showing the parts for the chevin oscillator module (the circuit contained in the aluminum casing) mine is burnt so i cant distinquish which and where zener diodes are placed

thanks in advance

I realize these pics arent much help.. nice paint job... :mad: ut I can try some measurements if possible. I have a feeling the voltage is somewhere around 350v ? I have never messed around with SMPS before, so I know very little about them..

Is it possible to measure a zener without high voltage running trough it?

-----------------------------------

Thanks alot Chevin .. its a 20 year old unit. What does it matter if you release the schematic or even better, a service manual.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 235
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.