Pictures of the 2SK1058/2SJ162?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sparkle said:
left genuine, right fake ...
fake also has a strange behaviour when you want to measurre the diode from the middle pin of the j162 to the right.....
fake for sure

i have to set things straight - in post 33 of this thread i told that the left one is genuine and that the right one is not - well, they are BOTH FAKES..... now i know.....
sorry guys for making mistake :(

These fake parts are getting frustrating :mad: . Ok, I have some 2SJ162 and 2SK1058 parts, manufacturer should be Renesas, purchased here:

http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...tier3=Mosfets&tier4=Audio+FETs&moduleno=67332

They are installed and working as expected in a P101 amp. Thing is I haven't done any high power tests yet and my parts have no markings (just the part number and little serial number thing under it. Already soldered so no photos unfortunately). Apparently this is normal for Renesas parts? The amp(s) behave normally and are totally stable. Is it still possible to have fakes and not realise it? It sounds like fakes are vertical fets repackaged to look like laterals and ESP site says that vertical fets will not work in the P101 amp.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I also have the P101 with 2 pairs 2SJ162 and 2SK1058 from TECH-DIY.com.

I hope mine are not fakes, as I am running the P101 heavily biased - 220mv/.57A per FET, which is over twice the recommended bias (I am running 10w Class A with 30V rails)

I guess if they were fakes, they would have blown by now?

Hi Sparkle,

due to a similar recent post I have checked your photographs of the two Hitachi/Renesas devices.
I agree both are fakes.
Reason:
Original Hitachi/Renesas have the complete heat sink nickel plated and the leads are solder plated up to the package edge.
In addition you can find three round marks, which are the mold ejector pin marks. Original devices show at the upper left mark a design with a 3/4 circle and some digits. Such marks show the device number and location in the mold. Some fake parts show them also, but all of them have the same digits.

I hope this will help you to easier indentify fake parts, at least Hitachi/Renesas fakes.

Cheers

Gerd

I have two pair of these lateral FETs that look excatly like the devices that are supposed to be fakes. Mine measure and bias exactly like the data sheet and operate fine in my amplifier circuit. If they are fakes, what devices are they supposedly? Mine certainly operate like FET devices. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.