Hiraga "Le Monstre"

What is the power consumption of 8w Hiraga amps ? 8w x 2 channels = 16w , 25% of 64w = 16w. So I'm guessing just 64w power draw for Class A.

Pretty cool running.

At 850 mA idle current from two rails of 13 volt (after CRC filter) it is 45 watts. That is cool for an almost "pure" class A.:cool:
My shunts absorb some 10-15 watts, and the power resistors in the CRC another 10 watts. The max power is then slightly below 8 watt indeed.

At 14,1 volt/1.100 mA it does get 62 watts. I have had that setting for years. It does then need a large heatsink then with a low thermal resistance to keep the classic output transistors below 45 degrees. This does give 8 watt.

albert

I collected some of the transistors but i stopped the project due to several reasons.
So i have my transistors for sale for a reasonable bid ( i think $250 is reasonable for all, shipping included)

10 2SD844
10 2SB754
22 2SK170BL
20 2SJ74BL
10 2SD756
10 2SB716

Kees

Attachments

• Transistors.jpg
    Transistors.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,030
I bought a kit from China the one with the 2n3055 and will use the mods in Lineups helpful schematic to power my 4 Ohm speakers. It's years since I made an amplifier and not being technical in any way I thought I would start with the kit and if it works OK then I will make either the MOSFet version or Lineups complete schematic.

I found Rod Elliotts ESP site and am making his capacitance multiplier power supply using a 300 VA 12v toroid.

I will post some pics when I have something to show.

Jim

What is the imput impedance of the le monstre?

What is the imput impedance of the le monstre?
Le monstre

I wish to combine it with this receiver

http://servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/~gbpprorg/mil/inter/9208019.pdf

I would like to leave the circuit unchange up to the low pass filter and then replace all the audio chain including the opamp, with the le monstre, so I need to know the input impedance of le monstre.

The output impedance of the filter is 500 Ohms