How do you make up your mind while choosing a quality power amplifier? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2002, 07:06 PM   #21
PedroPO is offline PedroPO  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to PedroPO
Yuri:

I guess that if U want to BUILD an amp thats because U dont want to buy it. (U can allways try comercial amps)

And so If you are a DIYer then you must have some risk.

U can look for the opinion of others who have built several amps. (everybody here says "I want to built a ABC amp. Has anyone tried it comparing with DEF?")

I personally go for the simpler circuits, since I dont know much about electronics.
Usually simple is better. Even in Audio.

PS. Even If you make a bad amp it will be(to you, at least) lot better then any other amp
Old 29th August 2002, 07:35 PM   #22
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PedroPO
I personally go for the simpler circuits, since I dont know much about electronics.
This is where i am. So i've started with SE tube amps. Next up are some PP tube amps & gain clones. then on to a simple Class A (SS or hybrid). I think that if it requires a circuit board, i better buy a kit (have an AKSA yet to build)

dave
Old 29th August 2002, 07:52 PM   #23
PedroPO is offline PedroPO  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to PedroPO
Default PCB sucks

I've a three allready started Pass Amps on my to do list, and the one I work on with more pleasure is SOZ (PCBless).

I have to mention that I purchased very good boards, so the problem is not the board itsellf.

It's like fast food: Its fast allright, but not so good

Oh yeah, I also bought the boards (of aleph 5) without testing anything.

What I love is TO BUILD!
Old 30th August 2002, 01:47 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Default I only ask myself one question...

"Did I build it?"

P.S. I just had to put the "popworm" on because it just might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen...
Old 30th August 2002, 03:16 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Without listening at it, how will you know if this amplifier will have a great sound (if you think that numbers are not important)?
We'll look inside the circuit ... and how it works ... [can we know the circuit of your amps?]

That's why we love mr. Pass, cause he know what he must explain for Comercial Equipment or for us, the DIYers .........

Regards:
ragil.hastomo
Old 30th August 2002, 11:18 AM   #26
Pilkar is offline Pilkar  Argentina
diyAudio Member

for PA nothing like the Crown VZ5000... plenty of power and excellent reliability...

Pilkar

Old 31st August 2002, 10:48 AM   #27
yugaaa is offline yugaaa  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yugaaa
i meant pss because of simplicity in the circuit ,the price of the product and performance.the crown one is not easily serviceable .first of all only pss qsc and bryston have schematics for overseas users.dont you think it is a good oppurtunity to promote reliable products atleast in the hands of technicians.

Hide this!Advertise here!