How do you make up your mind while choosing a quality power amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yuri:

I guess that if U want to BUILD an amp thats because U dont want to buy it. (U can allways try comercial amps)

And so If you are a DIYer then you must have some risk.

U can look for the opinion of others who have built several amps. (everybody here says "I want to built a ABC amp. Has anyone tried it comparing with DEF?")

I personally go for the simpler circuits, since I dont know much about electronics.
Usually simple is better. Even in Audio.

PS. Even If you make a bad amp it will be(to you, at least) lot better then any other amp:D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
PedroPO said:
I personally go for the simpler circuits, since I dont know much about electronics.

This is where i am. So i've started with SE tube amps. Next up are some PP tube amps & gain clones. then on to a simple Class A (SS or hybrid). I think that if it requires a circuit board, i better buy a kit (have an AKSA yet to build)

dave

PCB sucks

I've a three allready started Pass Amps on my to do list, and the one I work on with more pleasure is SOZ (PCBless).

I have to mention that I purchased very good boards, so the problem is not the board itsellf.

It's like fast food: Its fast allright, but not so good:)

Oh yeah, I also bought the boards (of aleph 5) without testing anything.

What I love is TO BUILD!

Without listening at it, how will you know if this amplifier will have a great sound (if you think that numbers are not important)?

We'll look inside the circuit ... and how it works ... [can we know the circuit of your amps?] ;)

That's why we love mr. Pass, cause he know what he must explain for Comercial Equipment or for us, the DIYers ......... :D

Regards:
ragil.hastomo

i meant pss because of simplicity in the circuit ,the price of the product and performance.the crown one is not easily serviceable .first of all only pss qsc and bryston have schematics for overseas users.dont you think it is a good oppurtunity to promote reliable products atleast in the hands of technicians.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.