Irf540/irf9540 Amplifiers Schematic Collection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to start this tread.It will make easy for everyone to find WORKING amplifier schematic.

SO:

This is a place to post WORKING VERSION of amplifier made with IRF 540 and 9540 FET's.
You will guys help me and another people a lot.
Also you can post your opinions about that amp.
I know that there is probably a lot of schematics all around this forum,but let's put everything in one basket,

THANKS.:rolleyes: :D :D

Something like this ? 60 W / 8 Ohm, 100 W / 4 Ohm, THD below 0.01 % 20 - 20 kHz, IMD 0.002 %, SNR more than 120 dB, SR 100 V / microsec. , 2 Hz - 300 kHz full output BW . Have you better ? :cool:

Attachments

• dpa386se_sch.gif
    dpa386se_sch.gif
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,967
Upupa Epops said:
We take all, Mike :cool: . Classical solution isn't still interesting for you ? ;) What a pity, your circuit was good :xeye: .

Oh, i am still interested in analog designs, they are much simpler to contruct...
I was curious, and needed to make a trip into switching amps,
now i know how "bad" my circuit was. Except the bass the ClassD fully
outperformed my other amps, with the trebles i am not sure...
Seems that a slewrate of 1400V/uS has some advantage ?

Mike

I was using + / - 40 VDC and 200 VA transformer for each channel. Output power was 65 / 8 and 100 / 4. Safety value of voltage is 10 % below 50 V, i.e. 45 V ( safety value for mains voltage uprise - in Europe is tolerance of mains voltage - 10 / + 8 % of nominal volage, how is value in USA I don't know ). By + / - 45 V and little bit bigger transformer, you can get probably cca 80 - 85 / 8 and 120 - 130 / 4. This is max. safety output power from one pair of these mosfets. :cool:

upupa question?

I have question for you:

In another Thread I asked question about two pairs of mosfet's.
What is better to use:
IRF540/9540 or
IRFP240/9240 ?

I received answer that P-channel (9XXX) is not good as N-ch MOSFET (more distorsion,rail voltage difference...).
What do you know about it?Any problems with this?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.