Family that sings together...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to show some pictures of my last amplifier, and the family singing together. The big one on the right was born last week, it's rated at 9W class A with BJT in the output. More info on the design on author's page (www.pcpaudio.com).

Attachments

• imagen 006 (2).jpg
    imagen 006 (2).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 357
The other side of the amp. It has separated supplies, for each channel and for each part of the amp. It has a input mosfet, and a CFP with a sziklai. The input part has it's own supply, and it's own transformer. That means four irons in the amp.

Attachments

• p2190156 (2).jpg
    p2190156 (2).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 332
Sometimes It seemed I wouldn't be able to put everything into the box (four transformers, two inductors and two small toroids, more than 130mF, a pair of 120VA trannies, the soft start, two regulators,...
It weights not a lot, but two lots ;)

Attachments

• primer concierto (2).jpg
    primer concierto (2).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 286
Sound?

Compared to the other one in the left, it sounds cleaner, more involving, and with better image, but those are only my first impressions. In a month I will let you know a better evaluation.

Next project : One amp for 2 x XLS10" in parallel, and dipoled. This is something.

Now listening to Krall's piano, sounds very very good. I'll continue with "Baron Rojo" until midnight.

Thanks, and yes, it was really hard to put everything inside the box. But there is really no hum whatsoever (I spent a lot of time on that)

The discman is for checking only. I use vinyl, of course, and the design is not mine, the author of that web is not me. BTW, the discman is not going to be used no more, it died on the test. I really have had bad luck with this amp, it took too much time to build and a lot of things happened.

Maybe I can compare this amp to an Aleph3 soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.