su-g95 schematic needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
su-g95 schematic needed

Hi, sorry am really new, as in today, joining and mainly did so as you said you have a schematic for a Technics su-g95.
have one that gets hot, stops working, cools down starts again. have checked inside and cannot really assess the problem without a schematic.
Do you still have the schematic? If so would I be able to get a copy?

thanks everso, Deborah

Technics SU-G91/95

Hi Deborah and anatech,
I'm a new member here and hope you can help me out. I've been searching endlessly for a schematic for a Technics SU-G91 or SU-G95 and cannot seem to find one.
In particular, I'm trying to repair an SU-G91 that has a problem with overload shutdown. When cranked up, the unit goes into protection shutdown. At no time does the fan operate. From web searches, I see that this is not an unknown problem - I just can't find the solution without a shematic.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Windtech

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Deborah and Windtech,
Those sets tend to have a problem with solder joints. There may be poor contact where the panel mounted fan contacts the PCB.

What you do is this. Remove the bottom panel. The PCB unscrews as does the heatsink. The rear panel remains on the PCB, the front panel unplugs and comes off. The transformer remains on the bottom panel, rotate away.

Use liquid solder flux and carefully resolder all the solder joints on heatsink mounted components and rear panel mounted jacks. Clean off the flux with lacquer thinner or no-residue spray cleaner. A toothbrush works very well here. Clean the fan contacts at the rear and possibly bend them up a little. Look everything over very carefully for solder blobs and bridges. Reassemble and test.

When resoldering, try to add as little solder as possible. Too much solder will cause you grief. If you are at all uneasy with this, take your set to a really good technician. A cheap one will either rip you off or destroy your set. In that case you are further ahead to simply throw the unit out and buy a new one.

-Chris

Thanks anatech for the quick response!
Unfortunately, I've already tried your suggestion (resoldering) with no luck. I'm really interested in getting hold of a drawing for this unit. Any scans (pdf's) of the poweramp/fan driver circuit would be ideal. I've looked at schematics for other similar circuits from Technics, but can't find one that uses the SVI3206D power amp module.
Any other suggestions?
Regards
Windtech

SU-G91

Hi anatech,
The Fan connection is O.K. I'm pretty much just looking for the drawings of the SU-G91 or SU-G95. If you have a copy, or know where I can find them, I'd really appreciate it. This circuit has been dragging this repair out far too long...

Thanks again
Windtech
P.S. I'm in Georgetown ( I'm from Orangeville) on Wednesday evenings - if you can help, we could meet at Tim Horton's etc.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Windtech,
I wish I could help, but I just looked for a manual or electronic version of either without success. I've repaired them before. If you want we can have a peak on my bench. I'm very close to the hospital in Georgetown.

Let me know if you are interested, I can try to help you out. Wednesday nights I have an appointment in the early evening but I'm normally back by 7:30 ish.

-Chris

I have an su-g91. I had no probloms with it but i have a kenwood that would cut out and go into protect mode at higher valume . and i had to solder the chips that go to the heat sink to get it to work.

my hole technics stereo i got at a thrift store for 15 dollars. I got the su-g91 amp, st-k50 tuner, rs-tr210 tape deck, sh-8017 EQ, and the sl-pd845 cd changer. the 5 disk cd changer didn't work all it needed was the laser lens cleaned.

technics problem for school need schmatic from anatech plz

need ur help. i just registered bc i seen u had a schmatic for technic SU-G91 we need to troubleshoot one in my vo-tech class need help. bad fan and overload plus half the speakers work. i take electronics and me and my class mates are curious if u have a schmatic thank you if u can help my teachers email address is tmientkiewicz@ects.org. and we can talk about how to get it or something. thanks for your time.

Tech boy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.