Trace Elliot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying yo fix a trace elliot amplifier, the pcb is called "THE BIPOLAR BEAR PC00026Sx3", it is a 290W bass amplifier, if anyone has the pcb layout or the components names i would really appreciate it because a friend of mine tried to fix it and it was really worst than before. Any help will be appreciated. thanks
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Any luck

Any luck with your search for schematics for the Trace Elliot Bass amp pcb you mention here below. I have exactly the same problem!.. faulty PC00026Sx3"...friend tried to fix and end up putting completely different power module inside, making amp worse than before.. would love to restore to former glory.. If so,..pls send to jurg@dieboer.com
Many thx!!
Jurgen:scratch:
(South Africa)

I am trying yo fix a trace elliot amplifier, the pcb is called "THE BIPOLAR BEAR PC00026Sx3", it is a 290W bass amplifier, if anyone has the pcb layout or the components names i would really appreciate it because a friend of mine tried to fix it and it was really worst than before. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Hey guys,
I happen to work for the guys that took over the TA inventory and are now one of the only service centers for them. Let me just say this in regards to the Bipolar Bear board- theres a reason they discontinued them and were replaced by different design before TA went away the first time.

Hey guys,
I happen to work for the guys that took over the TA inventory and are now one of the only service centers for them. Let me just say this in regards to the Bipolar Bear board- theres a reason they discontinued them and were replaced by different design before TA went away the first time.

good ...lets hear the reason !!!!
I looked at the bipolar bear circuit simple and generic ....I dont expect it to be what we call high end and also simulation have shown quite a lot HF distortion .... still it looked like a nice circuit

do you have any more input i am interested to listen since i like simply made circuits with common available parts

kind regards
sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.