A good Brazilian Amplifier, class A switching to AB in hi power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hehe, and there's dear Epupa again, with his small needle hitting my back seat.

Yes Epops, roots in Portugal, Holland and Italy...some African also and i do not know the portion of indian in this mixture.

By the way...we have enormous quantities of Japanese, Chinese, Korean and other Asiatic people here...we love them all.

We have our "China town" too, and some Japanese town too.

People that goes figthing in other places,alike Jews and Arabian, here are good friends and their daugthers married the young Jew without any trouble.... they divide some enormous street in Rio de Janeiro, and they live making commerce...one side is Arabian, and other is Jewish....but not so organized this way.... they are alike one. If you ask them about Arabians figthing Jews, they answer the the good ones, with healthy minds, came to brasil.

Imagine...John Lennon could not visit here..he was killed before the visit.. we have something related his music....peace brother.... we do not figth....just for seconds....and so fast the angry appear, also fast disappear...not time enought to real crashes...only some bad names .... and all strike finishes.

I will post the Jacco Vermeullen transistors, i have them, they are very good

regards

Carlos

Attachments

• wonderfull.jpg
    wonderfull.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 317
Re: Mr. fardo, people here do not like figths, and i apologize my agressivity.

destroyer X said:
I just dislike this Audiorama.... a shame to us!

But this is personal, others can apreciate.

here one more image to you.

Peace brother!

regards,

Carlos

Should I leave this forum? :bigeyes:

OK brother, peace

So please stop posting your pics/avatares too :D

Or I´ll keep posting tons of audiorama links....:D

My inquire remains: I anyone planning to diy the amp stage... etc.

More peace

Jose Carlos

Thanks Carlos,

You are right, it was JVC! I don't know about the other stuff you said but I personally think that the French were first in modern flight. They were also the ones that came up with the current airplane shape, with the long fuselage, tail and rudder configuration. Notice that the US didn't design or build any fighters in WW1. The French and Germans did most, along with England..... Now France is the leader in composite construction, (Scarebus A380) way ahead of everyone else. OK, back to amplifiers....... sorry...........

Chris

ahahahaha, Very good Jacco, fly...yeah!... i know the annoying insect...

Well Jacco, the American guy is a better interpreter of Englandisher language, some confuse English i develop reading guys, and hearing sound....so ...for me fly and fligth is not sounding so different..hehe...but sheet of paper, and the other one..... here is a joke.

Jacco, be nice to big fat charlie, i have not conditions to face a guy so clever alike you.... alike the other one, let me remember..... Bill Fitzpatrick, you are fast, intelligent, fast in excess related me....i have to make peace with you, this is more inteligent for my side.

But really, i was talking about fligth, Santos Dumont, a brazilian, made many turns around Eiffel tower, in Paris, and he start to fly acelerating over weels, from the ground...the airplane run and start ascending, the flygth was completely controled, he could make some oscilating movements with the wings and he landed safe.

As i could perceive, at the same time, the Wrigth Brothers are landing from an up part of some hill, near the beach, they had some aid to take off and the airplane control was not enought good those times, they hit the nose in the sand...Santos Dumont, at same time, more advanced related take of, landing and airplane commands,could make a better demonstration those early days. The airplane was called 14 BIS, and if i am not too much wrong, this happened before Wrigth Brothers.

But, as always happens, the more important world country can decide many things, so, history registered Wrigth Brothers as the first one to take of and landing....not correct in my point of view.

Santos Dumont show himself, to that time media, as a gay, those are the informations i could have, and people judged not adequated personality to be a historic Mark of aviation, as aviation turns something that passed the idea of strengh, more male than a female machine, in first world war, people sent first hand granade from airplane, this way bombers born.

The amplifier, here published, is hardly search by local audiophiles, despite Brazil is conquered by Yamaha, the models that use some thopologie alike our forum AKSA. But for hi top level audiophiles (hi top level of money)...those use MacIntosh and do not discuss with nobody the possibility of those tubes amps, by Macintosh can be beated by new designs.

Macintosh, and other brands using tubes, have this part of market, and is some signal that the one is rich, alike some Lamborghine, Ferrari, Corvette and many other wonderfull machines.

Well, i had born in Rio de Janeiro, and now i am in the Northeast, we have 1/6 of world size of distance between my home town and the place i am now, this way, this is my local reality, other Brazilian places can show other characteristics as our country is a little big.

Gradiente, this one, at low volumes can be near good as AKSA and JLH...just near..... cannot match!.... when you increase volume...well..... god damned that thing!

regards,

Carlos

JC Fardo, Mr. John Mateus, a forum friend is decided to make this amplifier, i am

In doubts, as i am researching and learning class D with another German friend...he is advanced in electronics and teaching me.

Post your Audiorama, no problems.... we are free...i hate them, but this is not your problem, or even forum guys problem.

I will post my pictures also...so.... let's going beeing free.

I think Jacco Vermeullen is interested too, but he is having fun here for a while, when al this noise reduce, i think he will think serious about that possibility.

Negative to leave forum....never!...you old veteran, my respects.

regards,

Carlos

HI,the sch which destroyer X posted is almost same as a Chinese DIY's circuit in 1983 which is source from the "super A bias circuit" of japanese JVC,and I heard that JVC had even made a IC of "super A bias circuit"

the "super A bias circuit" can follow the working of the power stages.because of the 3 EF stages for power output,the key of the "super A bias circuit' now is that its V/I part have 3 Vbe ....sorry my poor english,I can't say more and clearer.

...if you have the JVC origional article(I don't have and don't know the name of it :bawling:,but the Chinese DIY's article maybe show all detail) ,you can know much about it.;)

cheers,
X.G.

Yes X.G., we already discovered that was a JVC clone.

I was deceptive when i discover that all control was not made with a chip, and beeing out of the signal patch, as controls or commands, i appreciate complications, as they cannot destruct audio quality.

I imagine that an audio chip can control better and more functions, having more sensors of over current and things alike.

When they start to sell here..... i think was 1975 because of the car model i had those times, a Brazilian made German Passat 74 model... and people was saying that some chip was controlling whole thing...what a surprise when i saw three transistors in series, making the work analogue of one single resistor, having some better quality because can change resistance value to change bias...i was deceptive...but not entirely, as simple solutions are appreciate by me too....but, in reality, i was expecting something more sophisticated.

More recently, some year ago, people started to call Gradiente, as Gradwood..... if i can understand, this means Gradiente plus Kenwood...some joke we use to make here.... some Gradiente brand, and when you go to deep research, you find Kenwood signs painted over the board.... i am not sure if i am rigth about that conclusion, but, if Kenwood inside, and class A, switching to AB, i imagine that we can find the chip there.

Big efforts you make to write in English man...congratulations, not many Chinese have this courage...and made a clear communication....my Brazilian welcome to you, as my people, having some exceptions of course, but normally, my people like strangers...we have a lot of chinese here...they do not talk a word...they smile and laugh...and people runned to try to understand and help them....many have shops, and documents where obtained resulted of brazilian people that cooperate with them, going together to the public bureaucratic Departments to obtain the needed papers.

regards,

Carlos

Gradiente sounds much better !

The Japanese are not very good in thinking up catching brand names, apparantly only find it important with luxury car brands.
(and still dont get it right)

I am often surprised by the quality of parts and extraordinary circuits in very old equipment.
Even today the components used in the Gradiente amplifier section is SOTA, some havent been produced for years.
I started using the 1095/2565 in the mid 80s, when they became available on the diy market, a few years later production stopped.
Up till today i have not seen output devices with higher performance figures.
To think that those devices were already used in late 70s japanese amplifiers.

Anyway, i find the floating bias thing on the Gradiente intrigueing.
I like to see if it works.
So count me in, i'll build the Gradiente too.

btw:
personally i like to regular bias this at 5-10 watts/8 ohm, after that the floating bias jumps in.
I never felt for Japanese Super A things very much, with a proper regular class A level though this might become a high power semi-class A amplifier.
Suppose you have an amplifier that does 100 watts in full class A, with sliding bias up to +200.
Maybe something for the Super Leach?
Like the soft clipping transistors added, think i would like to try the amplifier without them first though.

Already reserved some components.:clown:

Attachments

• gradientestuff.jpg
    gradientestuff.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 224
You will not waste your time Jacco, the unit has as nice sound.

How i can describe it.

Sound is a little bit warm....has not scandalous brightness, not so clear fingers scratching an acoustic guitar... it is not sibilante, do not show too much air in the top highs, and do not distort hi frequencies turning it alike some noise of sanding some acoustic material.

The bass is Strong, have a fast punch and a nice decay, dinamics is interesting, not incredible, the Brazilian model had week supply, it works hot as a hell, can keep coffee in perfect temperature...just put the cup over it, with a small dish please.

CLASS, is the word, it has class in its sound, you can hear Frank Sinatra, singing New York in high volumes, the orchestra will be present, his voice will be strong, you will be moved by that sound...but will not make any scandle.... you will have not neighboors trying to kill you, as it distorts softly, can bother, but not too much.

Has an English man class.

When you put volume up, you have some idea that some Englishman is saying to you:

I beg you Pardon Sir, but some reduce of level can be adequate sir.

regards,

Carlos

I have seen that kind of heatsinks before, thermal R is rather low.
I can imagine that it runs very hot.

An amplifier like this one deserves something bigger, i am thinking in the order of 0,50
At 10watts/8 in class A with 25vac toroids it would come down to a little over 55 watts dissipation.
That would keep a 0.50 heatsink at reasonable temperature with enough reserve for the added heat from the floating bias.

I have 20.000 square feet of garden around my home :
PUMP UP the volume ! :clown:

Jacco, find the Leach amplifier constructed by Jens Rasmussen

It has 2 enormous heat sinks....each one at one of the amplifier sides...i think only one of them will be enougth to you, if external mounted....if internal...put some fan to help you.

Jens construct pretty amplifiers, also his partner, Jan Dupont, is very good in this field.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.