irfz44

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IRFZ44 is lower voltage high current n-ch. I don't know of any accual p-ch complement. The Rds on is very low and ment to drive very low impeadence switch. It is a hexfet design...not very linear. Of course no transistor is truely linear, this one is not even close. If you biased two in class ab as a push pull transformer coupled or quasi complementary circuit, it might work. As for quality, :confused: . There are better choices of mosfets to use for audio. These are typically used in low voltage hi current smps circuits, like car amp power supplies.

audio amp using irfz44

i know that the xtant 1001dx uses the irf244 transistors (as one blew out on mine not too long ago:dead:) This xtant is a pretty high end, mono channel, class D amplifier. Its fairly large and the board is definetely complex. The amp uses about 13 of these, with some irfz44n's and a few others (not very electically inclined....just learned how to even read a transistor). The amp puts out 1000 watts at 1 ohm and is pretty damn bad*ss....just too bad it broke. Well, i thought id share this info with you as i came across this looking for another irfz44 to replace the one that blew out with. Anyone know a good supplier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.