Voltage regulators for line level circuits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LEDS

~5mA should work fine for the 10 volt reglator. I also think you could use 4 greens and 1 red LED and get about 10 volts with 1K to 2 K across the adjustment terminals. The LEDs provide better reglation and lower noise than resistors for a given adjustment current. test under close to load current and heatsink the regulators. You can also pre regulate the 5 volt regulator at 10 volts with a another regultor for better PSRR and less power dissapation.

4 greens and 1 red LED and get about 10 volts with 1K to 2 K

Harry,

Your comments are as usually right on the point.;) Thanks.

Attachments

• met.jpg
    met.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,020
I planing to build some regulators with tracking preregulators using lm317/337.

As far as I can understand from this thread, using diodes instead of a resistor from adjust to ground improves regulation, is this also worth the effort when using a tracking preregulator? And should go with diodes on the preregulator as well?

HarryHaller also mentions 1K to 2K resistor rather than 100 ohm (it's the resistor between output and adjust right?) does this also apply for lm317/337?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.