Parts for Rod Elliot ESP88

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered the boards to build Rod Elliot's preamp and would like to go ahead & start ording parts so I'll have them ready when the boards arrive. Is there anyone out there who's built this preamp that can give me some guidance on which caps, resistors etc. would be best? Also am I right in assuming that the 2134 Opamp should be a DIP and not a SOIC. I would also appreciate any tips or insight anyone might have on building this amp.

Thx!

I have built that board, although the enclosure, power supply, remote control, etc are still in the works:smash:

I ordered most of the parts from digikey (amazing service) with almost no trouble. I used 1% resistors and film caps throughout. Only problem was, they were out of stock on those 1uF caps. Luckily, I was able to get some from electronic goldmine for real cheap...

The 2134 should be a dip (see the pictures on Rod's site).

Overall, an easy project to build and, in testing so far, sounds great. I also built P06 - the phono pre.

If you want, I can provide a list of digikey catalog numbers.

/Dave

still4given said:
I'm surprized that Rod has not sent you the info to access the Construction pages. He included that info in the email he sent to confirm my order. You might want to just drop him an email and ask for it.

the info on those pages is invaluable.

Blessings, Terry

Terry,

Since I placed the order yesterday, literally moments before I posted, I'm not that concerned that I haven't recieved an e-mail confirming the order yet. If I don't hear something by Wednesday the I'll start getting concerned. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Mike

I build this amp too a year ago; it still plays and sounds great. For the 1 uF caps i use high quality chateauroux polypropylene caps. The cost $ 2,50 each.

You can extend the dipswitch for gainsetting to your front if you like.

I made a PCB myself in AutoCad.

As told by another, the OPA2134 iare dip's.

Easy to built, great result!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.