Parts for Rod Elliot ESP88 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2005, 07:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Parts for Rod Elliot ESP88

I just ordered the boards to build Rod Elliot's preamp and would like to go ahead & start ording parts so I'll have them ready when the boards arrive. Is there anyone out there who's built this preamp that can give me some guidance on which caps, resistors etc. would be best? Also am I right in assuming that the 2134 Opamp should be a DIP and not a SOIC. I would also appreciate any tips or insight anyone might have on building this amp.

Thx!
Old 6th March 2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Have you checked out the builders guide you get access to now that you are a paid up customer?
Old 6th March 2005, 09:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by richie00boy
Have you checked out the builders guide you get access to now that you are a paid up customer?

Becasue as I said I just ordered it. So... like I don't have access yet.
Old 6th March 2005, 11:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have built that board, although the enclosure, power supply, remote control, etc are still in the works

I ordered most of the parts from digikey (amazing service) with almost no trouble. I used 1% resistors and film caps throughout. Only problem was, they were out of stock on those 1uF caps. Luckily, I was able to get some from electronic goldmine for real cheap...

The 2134 should be a dip (see the pictures on Rod's site).

Overall, an easy project to build and, in testing so far, sounds great. I also built P06 - the phono pre.

If you want, I can provide a list of digikey catalog numbers.

/Dave
Old 6th March 2005, 11:30 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks Dave! I'd love to have the list. I'm about to place an order with Digikey for another project. I'd just love to add all these parts too.

My e-mail is metzlerm1@comcast.net

Thx

mike
Old 7th March 2005, 02:54 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm surprized that Rod has not sent you the info to access the Construction pages. He included that info in the email he sent to confirm my order. You might want to just drop him an email and ask for it.

the info on those pages is invaluable.

Blessings, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, P101, Symasym, KSA 50, Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee, VSSA PMI & jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Ovation nx & sx, AX&SX-14, TMG8, Slewmanster w/CFA-XH, Wolverine, Spooky, Symasui, Low TIM hybrid
Old 7th March 2005, 03:26 PM   #7
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Thanks Terry, that was my point.
Old 8th March 2005, 12:16 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by still4given
I'm surprized that Rod has not sent you the info to access the Construction pages. He included that info in the email he sent to confirm my order. You might want to just drop him an email and ask for it.

the info on those pages is invaluable.

Blessings, Terry

Terry,

Since I placed the order yesterday, literally moments before I posted, I'm not that concerned that I haven't recieved an e-mail confirming the order yet. If I don't hear something by Wednesday the I'll start getting concerned. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Mike
Old 8th March 2005, 04:15 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

No problem, friend. This amp goes together really easily if you just follow the instructions. i jus love the way mine sounds. I'm listening to some jazz through it right now and I feel like I'm there.

Enjoy.

Blessings, Terry
X-BoSoZ, B1 Mezmerize, P101, Symasym, KSA 50, Aleph-X, Leach Low TIM, Leach Superamp, Dx MKIII, Super A, Honey Badger, JLH 1969, Gainclone. FetZilla, Peeceebee, VSSA PMI & jkuetemann, SKA GB150, Ovation nx & sx, AX&SX-14, TMG8, Slewmanster w/CFA-XH, Wolverine, Spooky, Symasui, Low TIM hybrid
Old 8th March 2005, 05:18 AM   #10
wim is offline wim  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I build this amp too a year ago; it still plays and sounds great. For the 1 uF caps i use high quality chateauroux polypropylene caps. The cost $ 2,50 each.

You can extend the dipswitch for gainsetting to your front if you like.

I made a PCB myself in AutoCad.

As told by another, the OPA2134 iare dip's.

Easy to built, great result!

Hide this!Advertise here!