a few question on this schematic - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th March 2005, 09:30 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default a few question on this schematic

can anybody tell me what sould i do whit that symbols ? ( the symbols w green & red line around ) ,,, what r they ? .. should i connect them together ? .. ?
plzz help me . i m tryin to build this amp , but im so new in electronic :P ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p68-f1.jpg (57.6 KB, 748 views)
Old 4th March 2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Mr Evil is offline Mr Evil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

They represent ground and/or earth. There are several symbols used for that and the exact usage varies, but in this case it looks like the plain triangular ones show signal ground and the stripey ones (which commonly denote physical earth, but not in this case) are power ground (which will be connected to signal ground at the PSU, but should be kept separate on the amp PCB.

EDIT: If you're new to this, you might not want to start with something that has such high supply voltages. +/-56V is potentially dangerous!
Old 4th March 2005, 09:42 PM   #3
DonoMan is offline DonoMan  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DonoMan
http://measure.igpp.ucla.edu/hemisph...n3/Symbols.htm
Old 4th March 2005, 10:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

where is that schematic from?
Old 4th March 2005, 10:21 PM   #5
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

This obviously a modification (additional ourput devices) of Rod Elliott's P3A. The "SIM" connections are unique to the P3A. From the nature of the post, I suspect the poster is innocen intent , but Rod has an IP interest in this design and posting it without permission may expose the forum to a legal liability. On top of this, if somone is circulating this as their own work, there may be an issue as well.

Hopefully, one of the moderators will look into this.
Old 4th March 2005, 10:21 PM   #6
Mr Evil is offline Mr Evil  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Just to correct myself: It's the third common symbol (the one with the vertical lines), not seen in that schematic, which is usually used for physical earth.
Old 4th March 2005, 10:25 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sam9
This obviously a modification (additional ourput devices) of Rod Elliott's P3A. The "SIM" connections are unique to the P3A. From the nature of the post, I suspect the poster is innocen intent , but Rod has an IP interest in this design and posting it without permission may expose the forum to a legal liability. On top of this, if somone is circulating this as their own work, there may be an issue as well.

Hopefully, one of the moderators will look into this.

exactly why i was asking
its almost verbatim aside from the cap on the top-left and some diodes and probably a few other things
Old 4th March 2005, 10:51 PM   #8
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

It's a verbatim rip of P68. I suggest the poster names and shames the source (can email me if he wants) so that it can be dealt with (I'm a mod on Rod's forum so can do this), or humbly agrees not to do it again and gets it removed from the post
Old 5th March 2005, 02:30 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

oh, i didnt even realize that it was the p68 schematic (never looked too deeply into that one)
i bet the esp logo just got cut out when he edited it to circle the ground symbols. its probably not a rip. i thought it was a rip with added things on perhaps someone elses site. now that i see p68 im prety sure thats where he got it from, rod's site, and perhaps doesnt know how to save/edit files and cut a bit off? who knows. but it probably isnt a rip. i thought it was someone else that slightly modified the p3a so thats what made me suspicious.
Old 5th March 2005, 04:36 AM   #10
sam9 is offline sam9  United States
diyAudio Member

Ahmad_tbp,

There was nothing wrong about your question or attempting to build the amplifier. The only problem was posting the image of the schematic without permission. It may look simple, but until you have yourself created a design of your own and labored on it month after month until it works the way you want, you cannot apprreciate the value that such an image holds. It's not only your own time that is expended, but as you build one prototype version after the other the financial cost of all PCBs and components adds up.

If you had stated the question and then refered to the project number on the ESP site rather than posting it wverything would have been fine.

Hide this!Advertise here!