Classé DR-9 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everybody!

I would like to see some pictures about the inside construction of the classical Classé DR-9 amplifier.
I would appriciate, if somebody have an internal picture, and can post it here.
For me is mainly interested, how the emitter resistors are connected to transistors, but, of course, the whole interior also.

Regards

Depends on the one you ask.

The DR9 has 6 MJ15003/4's in parallel per rail, at 100mA bias each.
Makes it class A up to 1.2 amps, nearly 6 watts in 8 Ohm.
The DR3 VHC has 4 in parallel, MJ11015/16's.
Class A, yes. Full class A, no.

The DR9 employs a CRC powersupply, 60.000uF per rail.
With 250 watt MJ15024/25, proper heatsinking, and increased capacitor size to +200.000uF/channel it could run full class A on the 58VDC rails.
But then you are talking nearly 1000 watts dissipation.

jacco vermeulen said:
Why the DR9?

I found the DR9 enough robust to build.
Basically, I do not know the specifications of those amplifiers, but like, that built for long time use..., and I have the schematic of this model.

I was thinking also on DR3 (not the VHC model) as well, the topology is the same.
OK, not decided yet fully.

By the way. Do you know the specifications of those classic amplifiers?
I would be grateful, if you could post it.

Regards,

I'd have to look for the magazines with the tests of the Classé models.
From memory: DR3 VHC does 45 watts, DR9 is good for 170 W/8.

All of the older Classé models i've seen used TO3 output devices and output boards, with emitter resistors soldered on the boards.
Some models had the big resistors soldered on the bottom of the output boards, others on the top.
First international amplifier brand 20 years ago i've seen that used Philips electrolytics throughout.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.