variable negative feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, im doing a project at university to study the effect negative feedback has on a MOSFET class B amplifier. Having never built an amplifier before and this being my first actual electronics build im a bit daunted by the whole thing. After an awful lot of research i think ive decided on the type of amplifier and types of stages im going to use but im a bit confused on how to link the different stages together.

so far im working on having a simple input stage with a differential pair, a currrent source and current mirror, a darlington VA stage and a simple source follower MOSFET output stage. does this seem a suitable start or is there a better option? also i was thinking of using a variable resistor to alter the effect of the NFB loop.

im currently trying to work out the values of the componants but getting stuck trying to find complete explanations,or calcualations for simple amplifiers designs.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a useful book or website? also any pointers would be greatly apreciated. After reading some of the forum posts you guys seem very knowlegeable and helpful even to people who are just beginning to get intrested in this subject. i can see myself getting hooked on amplifier design once ive got this project out of the way.

Any suggestions on my project would be greatly recieved

Si

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.