Eti-480 100w Amp Help Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm not so good in my english.

I have a probleme with this amp ETI-480 100W

in my pic is some detail

the under side of the board looks bad that the flux from the soldering none of that lines

are shorting. I'm 100% sure.

The probleme is with the finishing part the 100 ohm resistors it's getting F... hot and starts smoking.

and i can find the fault.

i had built 5 of them all the same problem just this one are going to use external

transistors with wires conected to the board from the heatsink

becuase if got a space problem in a box.

please help anyone ???

Attachments

• pics.zip
    78.6 KB · Views: 243
Hi Jacquesl

There is a fatal mistake in the schematic and in your pics, the power supply , must be connected to the power transistors side of the PCB .

Is the current that goes to the output stage , that burn the 100 ohms resistor...

This one is to easy...:cool:

Regards

Tube_Dude said:
Hi Jacquesl

There is a fatal mistake in the schematic and in your pics, the power supply , must be connected to the power transistors side of the PCB .

Is the current that goes to the output stage , that burn the 100 ohms resistor...

This one is to easy...:cool:

Regards

Connect the power to the other side of the resistors :smash:

I've got the same problem... But I figured it out before puting some power on it :D

Olá t_dude :cool:

Here are my 4 amps none of them work

problem

100 ohm resistors burn out

The voltages are +- 30 volt over the 100ohm resistors

If I put the all two fuses in R15 burn out

but if i take R14 and R18 out the 100 ohms dont get hot.

so if anyone also had the same problem please post a reply

Attachments

• rimg0112.jpg
    rimg0112.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 459
jacquesl said:
Here are my 4 amps none of them work

problem

100 ohm resistors burn out

The voltages are +- 30 volt over the 100ohm resistors

If I put the all two fuses in R15 burn out

but if i take R14 and R18 out the 100 ohms dont get hot.

so if anyone also had the same problem please post a reply

Make sure all transistors are installed correctly then measure the junctions of all transistors.
If all of your amplifiers are doing the same thing, you have made an error somewhere. You've probably made the same error on all amplifiers.
Before going any further, replace the 100 ohm resistors with fuses and then power the circuitboards through current limiting resistors. Insert the resistors at the point where your + 30 and - 30 volts connect. You might even use a couple of low wattage light bulbs rather than current limiting resistors. That will give you a visual indication of an over-current situation.

Good luck and report back with your results.

frank, if you seeing the problem please tell me becuase i give up.

this is my 10th day of crap with this amp.
I'm going to unicom monday to a tv repair dude and ask him if he can help me.

the resone i built this amp is that someone give me a marantz amp that dont work, so i finded the fault, its the power amp section the rest work thank god.

model 1060

its has crappy old confusing parts in but if mastered it after 2 hours

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.