Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Another amp
Another amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2009, 04:06 AM   #291
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Another amp
Hi thunderstruck,
You probably have a low voltage supply already, used for "housekeeping" in your amp. You will need power to run the circuit that "tells" the relay to close or open.

If you don't, you could use a resistor to drop the voltage from one supply, or use a regulator to drop the voltage. I don't think you want yet another cord to plug in, so "wall warts" are out.

Can you post your details of the amp? The current draw of the relay will be important also. It is possible you might be better off with a relay rated at another common voltage. They come with coils rated at 5V, 6V, 12V, 24V and 48V most commonly. The nice thing here is that the required current drops as the voltage rating is increased. The same coil power is required.

If this is not easy for you, post the schematic of the protection circuit and amplifier. Then we can give you answers that will apply to what you are doing.

-Chris
Old 17th January 2009, 01:23 PM   #292
thunderstruck is offline thunderstruck  Belgium
diyAudio Member

http://marcusgun.awardspace.com/m250.html

these are the details about the amp and DC protection.
so that is what I tought ,I have to make a 12V DC supply.
tnx for the answer.
Old 18th January 2009, 12:17 AM   #293
nigelwright7557 is offline nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NickC
[B]marcus
how about decoupling the output section from the driver and ltp section via 10 ohm resistor and 470uf cap
helps in preventing any noise from the output section entering the cruical low noise areas(ltp)
I did this with my amp and I also noticed there was a lot less hum with no signal present.
Old 6th May 2011, 01:04 AM   #294
yeshua is offline yeshua
diyAudio Member

Hello Marcus,

I found it very good M-250 and would like to mount the M-250 you would have the design of printed circuit board of the M-250?

Grateful
Antonio Franca
City of Brasilia Brazil

Old 16th June 2012, 10:12 AM   #295
dnkwenti is offline dnkwenti  Dubai
diyAudio Member

Default Help to build the M250 power amplifier

Please can someone help me with the replacements of this transistors, MJE 340/350 , I wish to build the M250 power amp but can't fine the transistors.....Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 10:14 AM   #296
dnkwenti is offline dnkwenti  Dubai
diyAudio Member

Default I need to build a good Amplifier

Please i will like to plead that can someone help me with a working schematic of an Audio Amplifier that can deliver 250watts into 8ohms....i need it for my studio project.
any help will be appreciated.

Another ampHide this!Advertise here!