Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Another amp
Another amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2004, 02:30 PM   #121
chemelec is offline chemelec  Canada
diyAudio Member

I Believe that is Correct.
Old 9th October 2004, 03:35 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

It is NOT Possible to post a Resistance Value, as This adjustment "corrects" for various Tollerances in Transistors and other parts. It will change from one to the next.

A PCB Layout is now Available at: http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Projects.htm

Look at the PCB ...., Article

My board has Meter Connection Pads for a Meter to set the 1.8 Ma. After Set, Put a Jumper in there.
Old 25th October 2004, 09:01 AM   #123
pichichus is offline pichichus  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default Current of the relay

I have made some calculations and i want that you confirm my suspects. The current that the relay may support is I^2=P/R so if whe use speakers of 4 ohms the aprox max current for the relay is 8.6 Amps? So we need a relay of 8 amps?

Another little question, what width of wire do you use to drive 6-8 amps in the pcb?

Thks a lot, whising to know early about it

Pichichus
Old 25th October 2004, 01:31 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

The Circuit Board Doesn't have to handle the Output Speaker Current, as the Output Transistors are mounted on Seperate Heatsinks.

And the power supply rails (+ & - volts) are Very short traces of 2 ounce copper. they will easily handle the supply current.

Gary
Old 25th October 2004, 02:52 PM   #125
pichichus is offline pichichus  Spain
diyAudio Member

Yes the output stage is mounted outside the pcb, but this dc protection contens the relay. I will use one for pcb, so i've to cross the relay throught pcb. I think that the courrent that the switch of the pcb suports is aproximately maximum 8 amps. Isn't?
The width for 8 amps must be too large... so i'm considering to mount out the realy.
But, this 8 amps, are well calculated? can you help me? Use I a relay for 8 amps?

Thks
Old 25th October 2004, 04:48 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

I haven't actually built this amp and I didn't look that closely at the Relay protection circuit, But it Does NOT Mount on the main circuit board. It is a Seperate circuit.

If you want More Help, Email me Directly at: chemelec@hotmail.com

Put "Electronic M250" in the "Subject Line".

It would also help me to help you if you send me a picture of the Schematic of this relay circuit and how it connects to the amp.

Than I can probably help you a lot more. I could maybe also do a board for the relay.

Take care..........Gary
Old 30th November 2004, 06:59 AM   #127
moutzy is offline moutzy  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Project

I'm currently going to school at SAIT in Calgary, AB. I'm thinking of building this amp for my final project.
Has anyone gone to SAIT and built this amp for their final project and if you have how did it work for you?
Did you have enough time to complete it?
Could you find all the necessary parts easily?
Old 30th November 2004, 05:27 PM   #128
reign is offline reign  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to reign Send a message via MSN to reign Send a message via Yahoo to reign
hi!! i just want to ask if this amplifier could drive until 6 hours continous duty?how does it sounds when it comes to bass ?
Old 7th December 2004, 07:39 PM   #129
bigpanda is offline bigpanda  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

For guys who have built the speaker protection unit :

I built the protection unit for another amp but this thing is behaving really crazy. The contact closed with no delay at all. When a 3V dc is applied to where the speaker is suppose to go, it won't trip. Can anyone have come comment on this ? It's now lying peacefully on top of my monitor.
Old 7th December 2004, 08:03 PM   #130
Dragance007 is offline Dragance007  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Dragance007
You did not asemble the parts correctly for shure. My prototype is working just fine.

Another ampHide this!Advertise here!