Another amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If nothing is burning then you have made some connection error. Check the board for bad soldering. I had case where one resistors pin was not soldered very good :)

For output transistors i thought to use BD911/912 (3 pairs) because of fake MJ's! :mad:
I have made amplifier with those BD's and made some nasty torture for the amp. I have driven it with 18 volts pure sine, which is 40wats for 8 ohm speaker. Nothing burned out. After this i think BD's were originals, fake ones will not survive something like that, i guess :xeye:

I believe that i have found one error on your board. On picture you can see that one transistors is reversed.

Attachments

• m250 error.jpg
    m250 error.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 514
You're welcome! ;)

I had also situation like that some years ago. But, you live, you learn.... :)

Yesterday i was working on my second heat sink for other channel. I have bought some Mospec Mj's but i think they are also fake ones. I don't know how does the original prints look like on Mospec. Well, i just hope that it will work.
Two pairs per channel for some 130 w at 8 ohms will do just fine.

I had also 130w amplifier at 8 ohm with just one pair of fake BD317/318 and it worked very, very nice. It was pupmping the power like blast and did not blew out :xeye:

Testing done

Hey guys testing done...
had some wrongly placed resistors (Value)
Replaced them and am really iimpressed with the quality of sound.
I mean me and friend were expecting some hum or hiss but 0 distortion 0 hum...plays rock on..

But am not happy with the power that its giving me at full level.
I tested it on my ZUNE and Sony erricson phone, its not as loud as i expected....what do you say guys...i need more power...
But AMP desgin is rock solid...

My PCB's are 100% perfect no mistake in the track work at all...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.