problem with leach amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My input and output jacks are isolated from the chassis ground. The only parts grounded to central point are the ones marked for central ground. Thanks again for any suggestions, and I will continue to re-read instructions to insure I haven't made obvious errors. Again, thanks for your patience!

If the input jacks are floating, the only way R51 can conduct is if there is a difference in potential between the amp chassis and whatever you have driving it.

This is normally called a ground loop.

Replace R51 and add a pair of diodes in parallel, one reversed from the other, bypass the resistor with a 0.1µF film cap.

This will stop the resistor from blowing and give you a loud 'buzz' to tell you youhave a ground loop to troubleshoot.

The 'hot' and 'neutral' on and piece in your system may be backwards. The power supply of the amplifier may have high leakage current.

In the worst case an input transformer may be required.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.