Anyone know what these were?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My big bro lives in the NJ/NY area.... very irritable guy... I told him to move to the calmer pastures of the Midwest... but nooooo. :D

OK now please help me on this, anyone know what these trannies are? They seem like dual die BJT's from Sanken. They were in a class-G power amp with +/-92vdc rails. They have the following pin out.

E1-B1-C-B2-E2 (collector is common). They are MT200 pack and made by Sanken.

I need to know the specs on these.

Attachments

• dat1.jpg
    dat1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 194
jacco vermeulen said:
Dont ask me, i am a hillbilly.
I expect to get mugged coming in at JFK

The datasheet for the 2sc2922 should be on alldatasheet.com.

For the 15211 maybe on www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/.
Like the 2922 the dual transistor is a high voltage type, but that is obvious.

It is actually DAT 1521 N (NPN type). I have never seen any data sheet for it period!!!

These were custom parts made by Sanken for Kenwood. They go for $53 a pair. :bigeyes: hence My desire to find subs.

jacco vermeulen said:
Dont ask me, i am a hillbilly.
I expect to get mugged coming in at JFK

You can't be a hillbilly, Holland doesn't have hills it has polders.

Saying this, however, I note that there are Dutch hillbillies in Southeastern Pennsylvania -- in addition to the Hessians who decided that they would rather "make love than war" the Hollanders settled there abundantly (as well as New York -- in fact in Flushing Queens there are still descendants of the original Dutch settlers of Nieuw Amsterdam) .

This group descended from the Hessian soldiers are sometimes referred to as "the Pennsylvania Dutch" although it should be Deutsch.

jacco vermeulen said:

No mis-spelling, should that not be " Flashing Queens" ?

I think a "Flashing Queen" would be a cross-dresser exhibiting himself. You have these in the storefronts near the Nieuw Kirche I think.

Flushing is on the other side of Queens from JFK -- (i.e. JFK airport is on the Atlantic Ocean coast, whereas Flushing is on the north shore of Long Island, just to the east of LaGuardia Airport). In the 1600's it was famous for its oysters.

Most of my family lives in Flushing... :D though they have begin to move east to LI.

Jacco.... the dies are same size. They fit perfectly on sinks / screws made for each other. The issue is, I have less number of trannies per mounting and also regardless of the sub I use, they blow up under full power.... work fine till perhaps 80% then... KABOOM! The single tranny I use are 200 watt , 230 volt devices... so I am guessing the DAT's are 250 watt devices or dual 130 watt devices i.e. 260 watt or so.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.