Blocking capacitor as a high pass filter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to power a single speaker driver with an amp and need to block everything below say 100hz or so.

I'd like to build a power amp for this speaker whose design already includes blocking capacitors at its input terminals. Has anyone out there used blocking capacitors at an amps input as a 1st order high pass filters by changing the caps value?

I'd love to hear about it.

Yes but I think you'd be more interested in the node that is tied to the input transistor's base/gate instead of the preamp's output. You should determine R and C based on the total resistance to GND and the total capacitanc to GND from this node. So your typically R would be the Rin of the BJT/FET in parallel with the base/gate biasing resistors. The typical C is the input blocking C. If you have a non-zero or non-incredibly small output resistance from your preamp then things get complicated but it's doubtful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.