Harman Kardon A-401 Preamp Chaining??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I'm a true fan of tis old Harman Kardon gear "it's older than I am" I have many preamps and tuners from the Heritage Series and all of them can be disconnected at the preamp and chained to another unit or amp. I have recently gotten a A-401 from ebay as a fix up project it's now flawless and I'd like to connect it to another unit and use it a a remote for my main stereo unit sitting on a shelf out of reach While recording LP's. The main unit I'm using at this time is a HK T-403 tuner and 2 HK A-402 Preamps Chained with an HK EQ-8 Between them.

My question is how might one go about chaining the A-401?

It has speaker outputs & tape outputs But I'd like to use it's volume control. It also has some type of fancy 5or 6 pin connector on the back such as one might find on a professional grade microphone it's labled as REC/PB I haven't found anything on this connection port in the factory manuel and I Don't know what it is refering to other than maybe a mic input.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paul Diener

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.