Naim NAP90 amp schematics...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
;)
Hi,DIYer:
I know naim nap90 is the most smaller amp in the NAP series...
I very interesting in it's schematics,seaching for a long time but could find nothings...
so,I need you help!if you have NAP90 or NAP110's schematics,please post and show it to me..
thank you so much!
WINCO

here is nap135's inner topology:

Expensive box

That's one reason why i never got hooked by the marketing hype of naim equipment. As good as it is you just end up with a very expensive box ! There's better and cheaper equipment out there and they use Audio Mosfets....

I once met the late Julian ( Mr Naim himself ) at a hifi show in London around 1987 when i was in my late teen's. He was an inspiring person, had time for everone . Verygood at marketing as i remember....

Just my 2 cent's

Re: Hi buddy

Workhorse said:
Hi darkhorse

I really like your ID.

Here is a schematic of Naim135 amplifiers, hope you find it helpful

Regards
kanwar

ah,Yes!both are good horse!
thank you for your help!
I don't have NAP135's schematics before...
the nap90 or nap110 maybe are too old and hard to find...???

thanks Workhorse again!
regards!
WINCO

here is NAIM NAP140's schematics:

:edit: Link to copyright graphic removed.

tmblack said:
The NAIM 135 sure is unimpressive. No emitter degenerating resistors on the LTP, no complementary output transistors, .22 resistor instead of coil, risetime capacitors, ugh.

I've seen better amateur designs.

Tom

hi ,Mr.Tom:
many famous amplifier's circuit is so classical topology...and something isn't "HI-FI" from today's modern conception.
the biggest impression to me is QUAD405,I really hate it's circuit
toppology,using many un"HI-FI" things...but it's sound is so humanistic(flesh and blood),...I am so admire QUAD405's designer,they let machine recur the scene and feeling...
upon the word is why I am interested in the classic amp circuit,once you own the machine to hear the song "yesterday once more",I think you will enmeshed the times of the song!

regards
WINCO

here is the nap90 amp's inner topology:

Attachments

• naim-nap90.jpg
    naim-nap90.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3,785
pinkmouse said:
Thanks Darkhorse :)

The rule is simple, if an image shows a Copyright or C mark anywhere, then diyAudio could get closed down if that image is shown without the authors permission, so we have to remove it.

;)
that's alright!

I don't know the nap90 schematics where is,I am afraid that the schematics have been lost!
from the outlook of the naim nap90,so simple structure... :confused:

Hello Darkhorse,

Yes old amps make sound like we first heard them. Carpenters on vinyl sure bring back those old memories.

They made the recordings too compressed and smooth back then, maybe to compensate for the grain in those amps.

And thanks for the schematics.

Tom

I don't understand the big deal with the NAP 90 schematics.If you can find the 110, 140, 180 it should be very close because it is the same circuit with higher voltages and power output.The 250 has regulated PS.You could also get some pretty good Naim clone kits from Avondale audio.
However having owned Naim 110,180,250 I still prefer a good gainclone over them, a Pass Aleph design or a good valve set amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.