Toshiba 2SC3281/2SA1302 - Are these fakes? - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2012, 05:45 AM   #71
Jay is offline Jay  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

yes I understand Ian. The "good" thing about fake parts in my local market is that they are very cheap. So from the price alone we should look at them as cheap substitute. I don't know how much do you pay for a Toshiba 2SC5200 and its complementary. But $2.7 a pair is I think cheaper than what you pay for.
Old 7th December 2012, 06:11 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

No good thing about fake parts. If you could actually work out the real part nummber the fake was produced from you will moe than likley find it cheaper than the crap at your market That has been re nummbered ... FAKE PARTS NO NO NO NO NO
Old 7th December 2012, 07:25 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

Yes, if you can characterize the fakes and buy them as what they really are - say a low gain TIP31/32 in TO264 packages - you might then begin to understand what you are really using and think twice about the method and cost. I would think genuine TIP31/32 would be cheaper in any market. They just don't look as cool, though

FWIW, we can all purchase genuine 2SC5200/A1493 or FJL4215/4315 for around $3 per pair in quantity - like 100+. Group buys for 6-10 people are a reasonable way to do this, even allowing freight and import duty.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:46 AM   #74
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Fakes should be exposed.
Fakes should be boycotted.

If all the fakes were left on the shelves (including the returned "opened" versions) then the fake makers and the fake sellers would have no business.

DO NOT accept refusal to refund. Make it difficult for their business. Stick a big poster (well glued) on the shop window ! Every day if necessary.
Old 7th December 2012, 10:20 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

I agree with Ian and Andrew 100%
Fake even cost more- not less- more!
I purchased Sanken transistor also from the same store here in Toronto. When I powered up the amplifier one of the transistor case exploded to my face! That amp from Dr.Bora DoGC you can look it up..
It cost more when you damage or burn other parts to.
And when I pay for fake a Toshiba over $5/PC like they are orig that robbery!!!
The problem if I post a poster or anything they call the police, I end up in trouble. Their policy no one force you to buy it!
No refund on semis!!!

Greetings Gabor
Old 7th December 2012, 10:50 AM   #76
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

go in and buy some more with your credit card.
Then report the fraud to your credit card company.
Old 7th December 2012, 11:52 AM   #77
wahab is offline wahab  Algeria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborbela View Post
they call the police, I end up in trouble. Their policy no one force you to buy it!

Greetings Gabor
Let them call the police , they will be in big trouble because
selling fake components is illegal and they knows it....
Old 7th December 2012, 12:52 PM   #78
diyAudio Member

unfortunately, the pokice and even city government officials will not understand the reasons the transistors are fake. it would be better to find out what government agency (if any) investigates this type of fraud, and report it to them. if you could have the parts tested by a company that does this, and send a copy of the test report and your sales receipt to that agency, they just might have something to work with. or you can write a blog, naming names, and get it listed on a search engine, so that when somebody looks up that company online, one of the first things that pops up in the search engine is your blog article with a title "ACME Components sells fake transistors"
Old 7th December 2012, 08:32 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Default Fake trade

The problem is not with established local businesses. We are often dealing in small international transactions with small (even apartment bedroom) traders. All the police and armies you can muster will be useless in trying to regulate widely established business practices of low-income economies in cultures where western laws and social norms can be ignored or merely exploited for advertising purposes. There are masses of these guys queuing in line for major listings like Ebay, so putting them out of business with name and shame tactics will be ineffective.

False claims for non-working goods are also common since many purchasers, even here on DIY audio, confess that their assessments are only based on whether their circuit works or not. They have no clue either, so don't presume that all claims are genuine when we rush to support their contentions.

Wake up! It is our gamblers' mentality that drives us to buy anything at stupidly low prices. Only western laws prevent sellers from deceiving you with goods worth no more than what you pay and if such laws can't be enforced in the seller's jurisdiction, you have been suckered!

Surely, once bitten-twice shy? Nope, gambling is addictive and no one is going to stop suckers being attracted to low prices and easy deals. Still, what really irks me is a couple of local guys re-offering this junk on Ebay here at up to 8 times the Chinese price with the addition of high post and pack charges! Now that really is galling
Old 7th December 2012, 11:44 PM   #80
wg_ski is online now wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

The real problem is that if you're looking for a specific, usually obsolete, transistor type you may just be SOL. Simply using the latest and greatest Toshiba type that you buy new at Digi-key may not be an option. It is for new design, but for exact replacements your options are limited. Just you try finding a real 2SD424 these days. Or for even more of a challenge, a 2N6259. It's even harder than getting C3281's. If you're willing to just use 21194's - great! But if not....

The occasional hobbyist who only buys a pair or two at a time is probably even more likley to get bit. Not knowing any better, not needing enough to justify a $20 order and pay $20 shipping, or wanting to keep the transaction in cash can force you down a path that leads to bad transistors. For hobbyists in this category (I was once) scavenging from used equipment is often a better option.

That being said, I've bought my share of surplus NOS C3281/A1302's, among other parts. But I only buy when I can hold them in my hand, crack a few of them open, and then buy from the same tube(s).

Hide this!Advertise here!