BMM Electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

I've done a few thread searches but haven't found much - has anyone out there built any of the BMM Electronics (www.bmm-electronics.com) L-R active crossovers or power amps? They look like decent stuff, and they even have a 120/60/60 all-in-one amp for tri-amping speakers - sweet! Just wondering if anyone has built any of these and what kind of experience they've had.

And if anyone knows, the particular L/- x-overs they sell have "fixed" crossover points which you have to pre-order. Can't you change the x-over points in any unit by changing out certain parts? (I'm a real novice with electronics and don't know anything about building or modifying them, or what any of the components are.)

Thanks for any help!

sdclc126 said:
Can't you change the x-over points in any unit by changing out certain parts? (I'm a real novice with electronics and don't know anything about building or modifying them, or what any of the components are.)

Thanks for any help!

Indeed you can. Change resistors to alter the freq. in small amounts. Change caps to alter the freq. in large (x10) amounts. The secret is knowing which ones to change.

A couple of months ago i built their 4005 amp, i use their 15 amp 0-30 Volt lab supply too.
Another Dutch guy built a multiple Aleph active speaker and used their crossover for it, you can find him on an Aleph 5 thread.

BMM had a special deal on the 4005 package at the time, the output devices came for free, it was so cheap that i could not resist.
I'd say its good value for money, the crossover uses high quality components and the pcb is professionally made.
It so happens i live 5 miles from their shop. :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.