hk 770 snap crackle pop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all - hoping somebody can give me some guidance.

25+ yr old HK 770 amp, twin toroidal hi amps 70w 40lbs - had it since college and haven't heard anything that moved me to trade up (except the rowland i'm saving up for LOL).

few months ago noticed it started putting out LOUD crackles, pops, almost kind of cyclical with or w/o signal. Music still sounds fine but obviously something's not right and of course to save spkrs had to disconnect it.

any ideas on what might be up?? any chance it could be an easy fix for somebody skilled in the ways of solder??

i've gotten my $$ worth out of it, but it was a nice solid quality piece and served me well, so i hate to just . . . well you know . . .

enjoy reading all on the forum - thanks in advance for any thoughts.
wes :bawling:

My 770 has just started to do this every week or so. I am in the process of getting all the
caps needed to get all the electrolytic and ceramics out of the signal path and to add and or replace bypass caps in several places.. Will let u know what I find out... rgoswick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.