Is this fake, it blows too much easy for a rudged TIP36 transistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eva,

The fact that we are never going to buy genuine Toshiba or Sanken devices from an Indian or Chinese manufactuter or distributor is quite obvious for everybody, I think.

Complaining about Toshiba-branded or Sanken-branded devices bought to India or China is like complaining because our apple tree does not grow bananas.

I don´t think so. In fact, I think there are many distributors in asia and south america offering genuines Toshiba or Sanken devices. I´m saying there are manufacturers and distributors in asia making and distributing fake devices. It is not legal and it seems to me clear the chinese and indian authorities must act to inhibt these pratices (so as the spanish, brazilian and others).

Regards,

Grimberg

I perceived also some shops closed.

I use Ham Radio to ask friend to buy in São Paulo and they send me by mail.

Also Jaboatão have 5 small shops that can provide the basic parts, the most common in use.

Was there i bougth the fake one, also i could find TIP142 in a very small package, the same size as TIP41...they may be fake too, as too small to 100 watts dissipation...could find the famous 2N3055 painted toshiba in Red, those are fakes too, also to provide parts to Radio transceivers are turning complicated, as 2SC1969, a very famous RF 10 watts output is fake too....and the appearance is better than Matsushita (Mitsubishi).

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos, I was following this thread from the beginning in the background, it looks like your transistors are fakes. I, too, have been bitten by fake transistors, if you would like, check out this thread;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28868&highlight=

I hope it links OK, but it explains a Carver amplifier I rebuilt twice that blew up because of fake 2SC3281 and 2SA1302 transistors. Since it is a class G amplifier (3 tiered supply rails) and someome gave me original 2SA1301 and 2SC3280 transistors, which I used to drive the output stage, I had the amp's original transistors left over, which I used to rebuild the output stage, and this amp has been rocking for over a year now without problems. I even blew up a Cerwin Vega woofer with the amp.

There's a website, http://transfal.tripod.com (it's in Spanish), but it is a very good website, I've talked to the owner of the website, and I have his permission, I'm going to try to translate it to English and host it through my own ISP. I will try to do that as soon as I can. This will be a benefit for all of you on DiyAudio, I know the pain of rebuilding an amplifier to have it blow up because of crappy fake transistors. I especially feel bad for all of you that built an amp, just to have it blow up because of the same thing.:bawling:

Irregardless of where the fake parts are coming from, people that do that should be arrested and face criminal charges because for some of you, rebuilding an amplifier puts food on your table and supplies for you and your families (especially those of you that have kids).:bawling:

There's a thread here on the 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 transistors, I have a Cerwin Vega subwoofer amp that uses them, if I have the amp apart (which I will be doing, as I want to upgrade the amp's main filter capacitors), I'll take a digital photo of it's transistors and post them here.

Take care Carlos and others, I relate to you on bad parts and the problems they cause, as I've been there myself. I will try as soon as I can and translate that web page and post it here!:)

Joe

Alme, Rimband, Hienrich, thank you all, i have been reading all forum posts

And i could see a lot of people helping us showing the fake ones..this is good.

But it is hard to perceive, as many fakes seems prettier than factory units.

I dislike that dirty job, and more than the problems caused to me, and to some friends, are the imoral way they used to do...always writting in Chinese to make us understand that those fakes came from China.... and they do not came from China, at least not from Only China.... people normally do not reflect too much, average, normal people, not gênius people...and when looking at fake part...say...of course!....China!...and this way...that dirty will be going and going.

When we have cold war....people said Russians eat children!... absurd...something unbeliavable...but those things feed the fear...and crazy run to make more and more Atomic bombs that were made because some neurotic, non rational, without sense fear feeling.... result of deep ignorance about Russians...they are sweet people..of course, alike here and there and everywhere, there are the bad guys to.

Problem that some lyes, when repeated, turns into reality....turn heavy and solid alike true..... "fight against terrorism!"....."to protect Democracy!"...those things we are watching everyday trying to brainwash all of us.... the real intentions always hidden under pretty words.

This is bad Hienrich.... how is your boy?... is he pretty and happy alike his father?

I follow the links friends suggest me to follow, some of them i already have known...some not...thank you.

Related Spanish...it is very easy for us that talk Portuguese, it is a Latin Language alike French...had some common bases that tuns easy the understanding.

If you want, i can make audio MP3, 3 minutes recording, 500K size, 16K quality, in my bad English...send you, and them you correct the English to normal conversation form used by your culture.

This will not spend more than three minutes of my life...a pleasure to help..always count on me.

If you want it, mail to me:

nanabrother@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Interesting, my English is so bad, that i tried all the time

To Defend China, against those damned foreigners (outside China) that are doing the false units..the fake units....and i have the idea that people thinks that i am telling that Chinese are responsable for that.

The opposite.... others are doing..... and writting with chinese names over the transistor case....to make us think, to induce us, manipulating our mind, to create the idea that was made in China.

Of course we can, everywhere, write a Chinese name over anything to induce people to imagine the product to be manufactured there.

But, the most common thinking, the first idea that passes our mind, is to "associate" the Chinese name with the responsables by that work of change numbers over common transistors, to turn them more valuable.

I do not think Chinese are doing that..... the opposite, i think others are doing that, other places.... and trying to send the responsability to China....when they are not the responsables.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.